Dansk Sharp in 4-2 Otters LossFebruary 16, 2013 - Ontario Hockey League (OHL) - Erie Otters
Hayden Hodgson opened up the scoring 5:28 into the contest with his seventh goal of the season. Joel Wigle took advantage of a fallen Jared Gilbert to begin a two-on-one with Hodgson into the Rangers zone. Wigle passed the puck to a streaking Hodgson who blasted a shot through the blocker of Joel Vienneau to put the Otters on the board.
The Rangers tied the game late in the first period after Ben Thomson deflected a Ryan Murphy shot at 17:54.
In the second period, the Rangers took a 3-1 lead on goals by Josh Leivo at 3:52 and Brent Pedersen at 7:03.
The Otters displayed a strong effort in the third period, as they generated a forecheck in the Rangers zone. They finally capitalized with 6:14 left in regulation as Connor Brown fired a one-time pass from Luke Cairns into the back of the net for Brown's 26th goal of the season.
Unfortunately for the Otters, they could not get the equalizer as Matt Puempel put the game away with an empty net goal at 18:47.
Dansk had another solid start in net as he stopped 44 Kitchener shots, including 21 saves during the second period. Dansk stopped 75-of-81 shots in two games this weekend for a .926 save percentage.
Ontario Hockey League Stories from February 16, 2013
- Gens Get Stung in Sarnia - Oshawa Generals
- Plymouth Whalers Win Fifth Straight Game, 7-4, over Guelph - Plymouth Whalers
- IceDogs Nipped by Owen Sound 3-2 - Niagara IceDogs
- The Spirit Win against the Spitfires at Ice Blast - Saginaw Spirit
- Dansk Sharp in 4-2 Otters Loss - Erie Otters
- Rangers Double up on Otters 4-2 - Kitchener Rangers
- Gens Overpower Spirit 6-4 - Oshawa Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.