Mark Recchi, Kamloops Blazers 93-94 and 94-95 Teams into BC Hockey Hall of FameFebruary 12, 2013 - Western Hockey League (WHL) - Kamloops Blazers
Mark Recchi played junior hockey with the Kamloops Blazers from 1986-88 prior to playing 22 seasons in the NHL. He played 1652 NHL games recording 577 goals and 1533 points. Recchi's resume also includes three Stanley Cup Championships with Pittsburgh in 1991, Carolina in 2006 and Boston in 2011.
The Kamloops Blazers teams of 1993-94 and 1994-95 were led by Head Coach Don Hay and General Manager Bob Brown. The Blazers won back-to-back Memorial Cups and completed a stretch of winning three Memorial Cups in four seasons. Many great players came from those powerhouse teams including current Blazers owners Jarome Iginla and Shane Doan. Other standout players included Hnat Domenichelli, Nolan Baumgartner, Jason Strudwick, Darcy Tucker, Brad Lukowich, Tyson Nash and Ryan Huska.
Recchi and the 1993-94, 1994-95 Kamloops Blazers teams will be inducted with Nancy Wilson, Paul Kariya, Marc Crawford, and Colin Patterson.
The 2013 B.C. Hockey Hall of Fame induction ceremony will be held in Penticton on Friday, July 26th, 2013 at the South Okanagan Events Centre.
Western Hockey League Stories from February 12, 2013
- Pats Fall to Medicine Hat 43 - Regina Pats
- Sound Tigers Announce Rescheduled Games - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Mark Recchi, Kamloops Blazers 93-94 and 94-95 Teams into BC Hockey Hall of Fame - Kamloops Blazers
- 3rd Annual "St.Paddy's Day Bash" Set for March 16th - Swift Current Broncos
- Pats Selling Rypien Bobbleheads in Support of Mental Health - Regina Pats
- Weekly Ice Report - Kootenay Ice
- Pats vs Medicine Hat Gameday Preview - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.