Zolnierczyk Recalled by FlyersFebruary 12, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) Adirondack Phantoms
Zolnierczyk, 25, will meet the Flyers in Winnipeg for the team's game tonight against the Jets. He was called up following an illness to Sean Couturier who did not play in the Flyers' game last night at Toronto. Zolnierczyk will wear #12 for the Flyers.
"Harry Z" has been tabbed as an alternate captain with the Phantoms this season and has 9 goals and 8 assists in 46 games this year. He is one of only three Adirondack skaters to not have missed a game so far this year along with Danny Syvret an Rob Bordson.
"I'm real happy for him," Phantoms head coach Terry Murray said, "He's been playing hard all year long and has earned this opportunity."
This will be Zolnierczyk's first NHL game of this season but he spent plenty of time up with Philadelphia last year as rookie. He scored 3 goals and 3 assists in 37 games with the Flyers including a highlight-reel caliber goal on October 18, 2011 against Ottawa in his NHL debut.
He also played in 39 games with Adirondack last year scoring 8 goals and 13 assists.
The Toronto native and former Ivy League Player of the Year out of Brown University signed with the Flyers organization as a free agent in March, 2011.
Zolinierczyk becomes the eighth player from this year's Adirondack Phantoms roster to receive a call-up to the Philadelphia Flyers joining Brayden Schenn, Sean Couturier, Zac Rinaldo, Tye McGinn, Eric Wellwood, Andreas Lilja and Brian Boucher.
American Hockey League Stories from February 12, 2013
- Houston Steals 2-1 Shootout Victory from Texas - Texas Stars
- Admirals Burn Heat 2-1 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bulldogs Edge Marlies 3-2 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Hamilton Defeats Toronto 3-2 - Toronto Marlies
- Persson Lifts Sound Tigers over Falcons in Overtime - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Monarchs Fight on Despite Shootout Loss - Manchester Monarchs
- B-Sens Sink Pens, 5-1 - Binghamton Senators
- Late Charge Lands Falcons Point In Overtime Defeat - Springfield Falcons
- Bruins Dethrone Monarchs 5-4 - Providence Bruins
- Penguins Beaten Back by Senators - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Columbus Blue Jackets Relieve Scott Howson of Duties as Executive Vice President and General Manager - Springfield Falcons
- SJ Sharks Recall C Tim Kennedy from Worcester - Worcester Sharks
- Griffins Aim to Get Back on Track with Two Home Games this Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Amerks Hall of Fame Induction Set for this Friday - Rochester Americans
- Frederik Andersen & Sacha Guimond Rejoin Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers Assign Roy And Davidson To Stockton - Oklahoma City Barons
- Chris Vandevelde Recalled by Edmonton; Darcy Hordichuk Assigned - Oklahoma City Barons
- Wolves Hosting Kevin Cheveldayoff Night on February 16 - Chicago Wolves
- Zolnierczyk Recalled by Flyers - Adirondack Phantoms
- Wild Recall Kuemper, Scandella Assigned To Houston - Houston Aeros
- Unable to Overcome Early Rochester Lead, Monsters Fall 4-1 - Lake Erie Monsters
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Holden Assigned To Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- The Rock Report: IceCaps Can't Carry Momentum to Finish Home Stand - St. John's IceCaps
- Toronto Marlies to Host Open Practice - Toronto Marlies
- \Flames Recall Centre Paul Byron - Abbotsford Heat
- Varone's Career Day Leads Amerks to 4-1 Win over Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Reassign Blain to Idaho - Chicago Wolves
- B-Sens Host "Pucks 4 Paws" Night this Friday - Binghamton Senators
- Jake Allen Recalled by Blues - Peoria Rivermen
- February 12 Tuesday Preview vs Milwaukee - Abbotsford Heat
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield At Bridgeport, Game #46 - Springfield Falcons
- MacLellan Assigned to Cincinnati - Milwaukee Admirals
- Stars Weekly (Week 19) - Texas Beats Toronto, Holds on to AHL's Top Spot - Texas Stars
- Texas Signs Bretton Cameron to PTO - Texas Stars
- IceCaps Sign Lunden to PTO - St. John's IceCaps
- Bears Recall Forward Matt Pope from Reading - Hershey Bears
- Don'T Miss Pink in the Rink Tonight - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.