Real Salt Lake Weekly UpdateFebruary 11, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Real Salt Lake
Real Salt Lake will travel to Tucson, Ariz. on Monday for its third and final stage of preseason at the FC Tucson Desert Diamond Cup. The Claret-and-Cobalt will play four Desert Diamond Cup matches at Kino Veterans Stadium during its two-week stint in Tucson. RSL will play two matches this week, taking on the New York Red Bulls on Wednesday night and facing off against Seattle Sounders FC on Saturday afternoon. The Utah side will play the New England Revolution on Wednesday, Feb. 20 and then play in either the Championship or Third-Place Game on Saturday, Feb. 23.
All FC Tucson Desert Diamond Cup matches will be streamed live on MLSsoccer.com except for the Tournament Final, which will be shown live on NBC Sports Network.
ESPN 700 radio station will be checking in with RSL throughout its Tucson trip, interviewing a Claret-and-Cobalt player or coach every weekday afternoon on "The Bill and Hans Show."
REAL SALT LAKE CAPTAIN KYLE BECKERMAN, FW ALVARO SABORIO PART OF MLS MEDIA TOURS
Real Salt Lake captain Kyle Beckerman and FW Alvaro Saborio will not travel to Tucson with RSL on Monday. The two players are both participating in the 2013 MLS Marketing and Media Tour, with Beckerman in New York City and Saborio in Miami. At least one player from every MLS team is participating in the tour.
Both Beckerman and Saborio will return to RSL camp later this week. Saborio will be joining RSL for the first time this preseason. The Costa Rican FW was away from Claret-and-Cobalt camp while with his national team for the January Copa Centroamericana and Feb. 6 World Cup Qualifier against Panama. Saborio excelled while with Los Ticos, captaining the side to the Copa Centroamericana crown and scoring a goal and adding an assist in the team's 2-2 Hexagonal draw at Panama.
REAL SALT LAKE MF LUIS GIL WITH US U-20 NATIONAL TEAM
Real Salt Lake MF Luis Gil is currently with the U.S. Under-20 national team in Mexico for a training camp ahead of the CONCACAF U-20 Championship, which will kick off on Feb. 18 in Puebla, Mexico. Gil, who departed RSL camp to join the U-20's last Thursday, will be a key player for the U-20's as they attempt to qualify for this summer's FIFA U-20 World Cup in Turkey with a top-four finish in Mexico.
The CONCACAF U-20 Championship will run from Feb. 18-March 3, the date of RSL's MLS regular season opener at San Jose.
INJURED DF'S NAT BORCHERS AND CHRIS WINGERT TRAVEL TO TUCSON, WILL NOT TRAIN
Injured Real Salt Lake DF's Nat Borchers (L quad tendon surgery) and Chris Wingert (R fractured metatarsal) will both travel with the team to Tucson on Monday. This is the first 2013 preseason trip for both Borchers and Wingert, who missed the Claret-and-Cobalt's previous two camps while rehabbing their injuries in Salt Lake City. Neither player will take the field in Tucson; instead continuing rehab under the watchful eyes of RSL's training staff.
REAL SALT LAKE INDIVIDUAL GAME TICKETS ON SALE NOW
Real Salt Lake individual game tickets for the 2013 MLS regular season are now on sale at the Rio Tinto Stadium box office, online at www.RealSaltLake.com/tickets, over the phone at 801-727-2700 and at all Smith's Tix locations.
The Claret-and-Cobalt will host 17 MLS regular season games in 2013, taking on Western Conference powers L.A., Seattle and San Jose twice each at Rio Tinto Stadium.
Major League Soccer Stories from February 11, 2013
- Chivas USA Set to Face L.A. Blues in Fifth Preseason Match - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- #RapidsJersey Unveiling to Take Place February 26 - Colorado Rapids
- Bright Dike Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery - Portland Timbers
- Weekly Update - New England Revolution
- D.C. United Academy Update - D.C. United
- D.C. United Announces Promotional Schedule for 2013 Season - D.C. United
- San Jose Earthquakes, Visa to Celebrate 2012 Supporters' Shield Title on Opening Night - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire Conclude Preseason with Carolina Challenge Cup - Chicago Fire
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- Revs Sign Forward Chad Barrett, Defender Bilal Duckett - New England Revolution
- Sounders FC Announces Preseason Friendly - Seattle Sounders FC
- Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band to Visit FC Dallas Stadium on May 4 - FC Dallas
- Red Bulls Acquire Midfielder Eric Alexander - New York Red Bulls
- Timbers Acquire Allocation Money from New York in Exchange for Midfielder Eric Alexander - Portland Timbers
- Major League Soccer Unveils "Jersey Week" - MLS
- Revs Youth Players Make College - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Red Bulls Name Rafael GonzÃ¡lez Goalkeeper Coach - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.