Boomers Seek Professional Poultry PerformerJanuary 30, 2013 - Frontier League (FL) - Schaumburg Boomers Press Release
"Only the finest specimens are allowed to join our flock, so we're looking for talented performers who can strut, cluck and dance with the best of them," said Andy Viano, Boomers President and General Manager. "It's never an easy choice to pick who rules the roost, but we'll take on this challenge beak-first."
The Schaumburg Boomers are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, and passionate individual to take on the persona of a giant male prairie chicken at all 2013 home games and to entertain fans with the wacky, engaging, and entertaining brand of fun of Boomer Country. Needless to say, flawless Boomer Dancing is a must. The performer will be an integral part of the in-game entertainment experience at Boomers Stadium.
The individual must show creativity and initiative in coming up with daily crowd interaction, engagement, entertainment, and promotions. The performer will have designated in-game duties, including but not limited to the Boomer Dance, Mascot Race, and other between-inning contests. Mascot will also be expected to meet and greet with fans prior to and after each game.
If you are an expert tail-shaker, full of hugs and high-fives, please report to Boomer Stadium on Saturday, March 16 at 10 a.m. Potential prairie chickens should refer to the complete job description, and if you think you have what it takes, fill out the questionnaire and submit it in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Auditions will begin at 10 a.m., and candidates should come dressed in athletic attire (athletic shorts are encouraged). Audition process will consist of a panel interview, followed by a one-minute song and dance routine of the candidate's choosing. All candidates must provide their own music, and be sure to practice for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
The sophomore season of Boomers Baseball will begin on Thursday, May 16 at 6:30 p.m. when the Boomers take on the Windy City Thunderbolts in Schaumburg. Season Tickets, ticket packages we call Boomer Bundles and great Group Discounts for parties of any size and budget are available now by calling 847.461.3695. For more information, log on to www.boomersbaseball.com.
MASCOT PERFORMER - OFFICIAL JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Must be able to strut, dance, run, skip, and shake your tail-feathers in a fuzzy fur suit. Due to costume restrictions, candidates must be at least 5 feet 8 inches tall but no more than 6 feet 2 inches tall, and of average build.
2. Must be able to repeatedly autograph hats, balls, body parts, and other miscellaneous objects at any given moment.
3. Must be able to effectively communicate using only gestures, telepathy, and the Boomer Dance. No talking allowed!
4. Must love to be loved by a legion of adoring fans, and work well with children and other staff members.
5. Must be infinitely photogenic and never blink during pictures.
6. Must possess an endless supply of hugs and high-fives. Performer is in constant demand throughout the game, and must be in top physical condition to remain in character for the entirety of each game. 7.
Must be an ambassador of Boomer Country and its boundless family-friendly and affordable fun.
The Schaumburg Boomers are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, and passionate individual to be the face of the franchise. The performer will be an integral part of the in-game entertainment experience at Boomers Stadium. The individual must show creativity and initiative in coming up with daily crowd interaction, engagement, entertainment, and promotions.
The performer will have designated in-game duties, including but not limited to the Boomer Dance, Mascot Race, and other between-inning contests. Mascot will also be expected to meet and greet with fans prior to and after each game. Individual would be required to handle day-to-day maintenance of the costume. Mascot experience is not required, although preferred. Must be able to work nights and weekends in accordance with the game schedule.
Frontier League Stories from January 30, 2013
- Joliet Slammers Seek Local Host Families - Joliet Slammers
- Boomers Seek Professional Poultry Performer - Schaumburg Boomers
- Three Foundational Players in the Fold for the Boomers - Schaumburg Boomers
- Gusrang Returns to Beach Bums - Traverse City Beach Bums
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.