Chivas USA Weekly UpdateJanuary 29, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
Chivas USA will hold its second preseason scrimmage this Wednesday when it faces FC Santa Clarita Storm beginning at 11 a.m. at The Home Depot Center's Field 6. The match is open to members of the media and fans. The Rojiblancos hosted their first preseason scrimmage last Saturday and defeated UC Irvine, 4-1.
ROJIBLANCOS TRAVEL TO LAS VEGAS FOR FEBRUARY SCRIMMAGE
The Red-and-White will face the Colorado Rapids in Las Vegas on Feb. 15 as part of their preseason camp and the 2013 Las Vegas ProSoccer Challenge - the first annual event hosted by USA Sevens LLC and the City of Las Vegas. The game will take place at Sam Boyd Stadium on the campus of UNLV.
GOATS NOTES AND FACTS
Agudelo and USMNT Set to Face Canada today in First Friendly of the Year
Forward Juan Agudelo and the rest of the U.S. Men's National Team face Canada today in the first match of the 2013 campaign as part of the January Training Camp. The 25-man roster selected by Head Coach Jurgen Klinsmann began its camp on Jan. 7 at the National Training Center in Carson, Calif. in preparation for the friendly which takes place at BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston. The match kicks off at 6 p.m. PT and will be broadcasted live on ESPN2 and WatchESPN.
First Kick 2013 Set for March 2 at The HDC
Chivas USA will kick off its ninth season when it hosts the Columbus Crew at The Home Depot Center for First Kick 2013 on Saturday, March 2, beginning at 7:30 p.m. PT. Because of the same unbalanced schedule format the MLS used during the 2012 season, this will be the only meeting between the two sides in 2013.
Chivas USA Programs Six Scrimmages for February
The Rojiblancos continue their preseason camp with six scrimmages scheduled by the Red-and-White ahead of their season opener on March 2. Beginning the first week in February, the Goats play two scrimmages against the Chicago Fire and Korean League side Gangwon FC on Feb. 5 and Feb. 9, respectively. The following week Chivas USA travels to Las Vegas for its meeting with the Rapids on Feb. 15. The Goats close out the month with a second meeting against Gangwon FC on Feb. 19 and a Feb. 24 match against the L.A. Blues. The sixth match set to take place on Feb. 12 has yet to be assigned an opponent or venue.
Chivas USA Concludes its Hotel Concentration
The Red-and-White will conclude their hotel concentration as part of preseason training on Thursday, Jan. 31. New Head Coach Jose Luis Sanchez Sola took his squad for hotel concentration in Carson with the objective of generating team camaraderie between players and coaching staff ahead of Chivas USA's season opener against the Columbus Crew. During the team's concentration, Sanchez Sola conducted team meetings, individual player evaluations, and led the Rojiblancos' double-day practice sessions.
EYE ON YOUTH
Youth Academy Update
Chivas USA's U-18 and U-16 academy squads returned to USSDA action last Sunday against San Juan Soccer Club in Mather, Calif. The U16s came away with a 3-1 victory while the U18s fell 4-3, their first loss in five games.
Chivas USA Youth Academy to Hold Two More Tryouts
Chivas USA held its first of three tryouts Monday for its new U-14 squad with Head Coach Jose Luis Sanchez Sola "El Chelis" in attendance. The newly-formed squad will compete in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy. The remaining camps are scheduled for Feb. 25 and April 22 for categories 1999 and 2000.
2013 TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE
Tickets for the 2013 season are now available, with packages as low as $10 per ticket.
Major League Soccer Stories from January 29, 2013
- Whitecaps FC Start Preseason with 4-1 Win - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LA Galaxy midfielder Hector Jimenez ready to contribute in his third season - Los Angeles Galaxy
- San Jose Earthquakes Knock off Houston Dynamo 2-0 in Preseason Opener - San Jose Earthquakes
- Dynamo Blanked in Scrimmage - Houston Dynamo
- Chivas USA Weekly Update - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- D.C. United Academy Update - D.C. United
- Houston Dynamo, Newtown Kindness Announce Partnership - Houston Dynamo
- Timbers Defeat Rapids 3-1 in Preseason Opener - Portland Timbers
- Rapids Open Preseason with 3-1 Loss to Timbers - Colorado Rapids
- Chivas USA vs. FC Santa Clarita Storm Tomorrow in a Preseason Scrimmage - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Andy Najar Named to Honduras' World Cup Qualifying Roster - D.C. United
- Individual Tickets and Mini-Season Packages Go on Sale to General Public on February 9 - Montreal Impact
- Bengtson Called into Honduras Squad for WCQ - New England Revolution
- Timbers Weekly Update - Portland Timbers
- Major League Soccer to be Featured on the New Reality Competition Series "The Job" - MLS
- Kickoff Time for Dynamo Match vs. Sporting Kansas City Rescheduled - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.