D.C. United introduces new executive managementJanuary 28, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - D.C. United Press Release
"We are entering a dynamic period in the organization's history," said United General Partner Jason Levien. "Michael, Doug and Mike have unique and broad bases of experience and I'm confident they will effectively lead the club's business efforts and enhance its trajectory."
Williamson joined D.C. United in 2007 in the role of Chief Financial Officer, and has been responsible for all accounting, financial, cash management, budgetary and reporting aspects of the organization since that time. He previously worked at the U.S. Soccer Federation Foundation, first as the Director of Finance and subsequently as their Chief Financial Officer, at Johnson Lambert & Co. in their Audit department, and at MBNA America. Williamson graduated from the University of Delaware with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and received his CPA certification from the Virginia Board of Accountancy. In addition, he has served on various nonprofit Boards and is currently the Treasurer for United for D.C. Williamson also serves as the financial expert on the American Association for Justice Audit Committee and is a faculty member of the Georgetown Sports Industry Management program.
Having joined D.C. United's front office as the Vice President of Communications in 2001, Hicks has managed all community and public relations, broadcasting and digital media initiatives since that time. In 2009, he was promoted to Sr. Vice President, Marketing Communications, adding marketing and merchandising efforts to his collective focus. Hicks has served on the United for D.C. Board of Directors since 2002 and as an adjunct professor in the Georgetown Sports Industry Management program since 2010. His 20-year professional career also includes four seasons with the Washington Bullets (NBA) and three with the Washington Capitals (NHL).
Schoenbrun comes to D.C. United having most recently served as Vice President and Associate publisher of Foreign Policy, a division of Washington Post Company. There he led business plan development, as well as all sales and marketing partnerships for the Foreign Policy Group. Schoenbrun's career also includes stints with POLITICO, Atlantic Media Company and Time Warner, Inc. among others.
The club also announced today that Josh Cohen (ticket operations), Amanda Farina (marketing), Rebecca Payne (digital media), Andrew Skorupski (finance), Roy Tewell (ticket sales) and Ryan Tronovitch (media relations) have assumed roles as departmental leads.
D.C. United will face Western Conference side Real Salt Lake on Saturday, March 9 in its home opener of the 2013 MLS regular season. The Black-and-Red will begin its 2013 campaign on the road against the Houston Dynamo on Saturday, March 2 in a rematch of the 2012 Eastern Conference Finals. Season ticket, half-season and a new, four-game entry plan are now on sale. Ticket information is available at dcunited.com/tickets.
Major League Soccer Stories from January 28, 2013
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- Following two big injuries, Brazilian center back is in camp fighting for a spot - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Fagundez Balancing Double Sessions with HS Classes - New England Revolution
- Weekly Update: Rapids Open Preseason Competition against Portland - Colorado Rapids
- Real Salt Lake Loses 2-0 to Danish U-20 National Team in 2013 Preseason Opener - Real Salt Lake
- D.C. United introduces new executive management - D.C. United
- Crew Signs Agustín Viana - Columbus Crew SC
- Weekly Update: Under New Head Coach Petke, Red Bulls Play First Preseason Game Friday - New York Red Bulls
- Chris Klein Appointed LA Galaxy President - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Whitecaps FC Add Attacking Midfielder Daigo Kobayashi - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Revs Launch Affiliate Agreement With Rochester Rhinos - New England Revolution
- Chicago Fire Open Preseason With Victory, Continue Preparations For 2013 Season - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.