Stealth's Smith wows NLL with second straight Player of Week honorJanuary 16, 2013 - National Lacrosse League (NLL) - Washington Stealth
The 6-3, 200-pound Smith, who won the award for the first time this season after a career performance in the Stealth's opening night win, again wowed the NLL, scoring four goals and three assists for seven points in Washington's 17 - 13 defeat of Colorado Saturday night in Denver.
With his performance, the Surrey, British Columbia native has helped launch the undefeated Stealth to its best start since its 2010 NLL championship season.
Other NLL Player of the Week winners for Week 2 include Brodie Merrill of the Philadelphia Wings who was named Transition Player of the Week, Toronto goaltender Nick Rose who was named Defensive Player of the Week and Edmonton's Curtis Knight who was named Rookie of the Week.
The NLL Player Awards are determined by a weekly vote of the league's general managers and head coaches.
The Stealth (2-0) next see action at home this Sunday, Jan. 20 against West Division rival Edmonton (0-1). The game, just one of two Sunday matinees this season, gets underway at 2:45 p.m. at Everett's Comcast Arena.
Ticket packages for Stealth home games are on sale now. To learn more call 877-MY-75-TIX or visit www.StealthLAX.com. Washington Stealth... It's Like Hockey with Balls.
National Lacrosse League Stories from January 16, 2013
- Knighthawks Sign Angus Goodleaf - Rochester Knighthawks
- Stealth's Smith wows NLL with second straight Player of Week honor - Washington Stealth
- Mammoth Military Appreciation Night Uniforms in Charity Auction - Colorado Mammoth
- Knighthawks' Joe Walters to Debut 'J Dub' Sub - Rochester Knighthawks
- Game Preview: Wings Look to Carry Season-Opener Victory Momentum - Philadelphia Wings
- Wings Captain Brodie Merrill Named NLL Transition Player of the Week - Philadelphia Wings
- Nick Rose Named Defensive Player of the Week - Toronto Rock
- Smith, Merrill, Rose & Knight Honored - NLL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.