P-Bruins Swap Players with StingraysDecember 5, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Providence Bruins
Courtnall was recalled from loan to South Carolina on November 23 and skated in one game for the Bruins. The left wing was originally loaned to South Carolina on October 5. In five games with the Stingrays this season, Courtnall has gone 0-0-0 and tallied 20 penalty minutes. A native of Victoria, BC, Courtnall spent the last three years at Boston University. As an assistant captain in 2011-12, Courtnall recorded a collegiate-high seven points on four goals and three assists. The 6'3", 210-pound forward is the son of former Bruins forward Geoff Courtnall, and the nephew of Russ Courtnall, veterans of 17 and 16 year NHL careers respectively.
Originally drafted by Tampa Bay in the seventh day of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the 23-year-old finished his collegiate career with 13 points and 104 penalty minutes.
Randell, a sixth round Boston selection in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, is 2-1-3 and has recorded a team-high 36 penalty minutes in 19 games with the Stingrays. After four seasons in the OHL with Belleville and Kitchener, Randell made his professional debut with Providence in the 2011-12 season. After 30 games, in which he went 2-0-2 and recorded 45 penalty minutes, he was reassigned by Boston to the Kitchener Rangers (OHL).
The Providence Bruins will return to the Dunkin' Donuts Center on Friday, December 7 versus the Manchester Monarchs. The puck drops at 7:05 p.m. for Ear Warmers Night with the first 2,000 fans receiving free ear warmers courtesy of BankRI.
Providence Bruins ticket packages are on sale now for the 2012-13 season. To purchase tickets of for more information, call the P-Bruins ticket office at 401-273-5000 or log on to the team website at www.providencebruins.com .
American Hockey League Stories from December 5, 2012
- Feisty, Rested Whale Bounce back with 4-2 Victory - Connecticut Whale
- Sceviour Lifts Stars to OT Win over Admirals - Texas Stars
- Rivermen Squeak Past Griffins, 2-1 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rivermen Start Trip with Win - Peoria Rivermen
- Whale Defeats Sound Tigers 4-2 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Month of Giving Begins this Weekend - Rockford IceHogs
- MacLeod Assigned to IceMen - Springfield Falcons
- Amerks Look to Rebound this Week as They Embark on a Tough December Schedule - Rochester Americans
- Big Brothers/Sisters Skate with the Tigers Sunday, December 9 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- December 22 Whale Home Game Is "Military Appreciation Night" - AHL
- Fournier Reassigned to Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Toy Drive to Benefit Toys for Tots Starts Friday - Rochester Americans
- P-Bruins Swap Players with Stingrays - Providence Bruins
- Texas Stars Weekly - Texas Stars
- Phantoms Weekly - 20 Games In - Adirondack Phantoms
- Heat Fall to Rampage in Overtime - Abbotsford Heat
- Rampage Win Third Game of Road Trip, Defeat Abbotsford 3-2 - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.