Heat Fall to Rampage in Overtime
Abbotsford, BC - The Abbotsford Heat suffered a 3-2 overtime loss to the San Antonio Rampage at the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre (AESC) on Tuesday night. The Heat remain in top spot in the American Hockey League through 21 games.
Max Reinhart scored his first goal of the season and Roman Horak had a goal and an assist for the Heat. Jacob Markstrom made 32 saves to earn the win and Jason DeSantis scored the game winner 35 seconds into OT for the Rampage.
The Rampage opened the scoring at 3:24 of the first period before Roman Horak tied the game on the power play at 6:18. Horak's 12th goal of the season moves him into 3rd place in goal scoring in the AHL. The goal was assisted by Paul Byron and T.J. Brodie.
The Rampage moved ahead 2-1 at 15:22 of the first, and led by the same margin after 20 minutes. The Rampage outshot the Heat 11-8 in the first period.
Max Reinhart scored his first goal of the season at 10:37 of the second period to tie the game at 2-2.
Barry Brust made his 7th start in net this season, facing 16 shots in his first loss. The Heat outshot the Rampage 25-5 in the final 40 minutes and outshot the Rampage 34-16 overall.
Abbotsford scored one goal on five power play attempts and killed off both of Hamilton's man-advantages.
The Heat host the San Antonio Rampage at the AESC again Wednesday night before heading on a two game road trip to Toronto and Rochester.
December 14th and 15th will feature a 2-for-1 ticket deal for fans as the Heat host the Texas Stars at the AESC. When fans purchase a ticket for Friday's game, they get a ticket to Saturday's game for free. Friday's game also features the second annual "Teddy Bear Toss" to raise money for local charities. For tickets please call 1-877-452-HEAT(4328) or visit www.AbbotsfordHeat.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 5, 2012
- Feisty, Rested Whale Bounce back with 4-2 Victory - Connecticut Whale
- Sceviour Lifts Stars to OT Win over Admirals - Texas Stars
- Rivermen Squeak Past Griffins, 2-1 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rivermen Start Trip with Win - Peoria Rivermen
- Whale Defeats Sound Tigers 4-2 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Month of Giving Begins this Weekend - Rockford IceHogs
- MacLeod Assigned to IceMen - Springfield Falcons
- Amerks Look to Rebound this Week as They Embark on a Tough December Schedule - Rochester Americans
- Big Brothers/Sisters Skate with the Tigers Sunday, December 9 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- December 22 Whale Home Game Is "Military Appreciation Night" - AHL
- Fournier Reassigned to Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Toy Drive to Benefit Toys for Tots Starts Friday - Rochester Americans
- P-Bruins Swap Players with Stingrays - Providence Bruins
- Texas Stars Weekly - Texas Stars
- Phantoms Weekly - 20 Games In - Adirondack Phantoms
- Heat Fall to Rampage in Overtime - Abbotsford Heat
- Rampage Win Third Game of Road Trip, Defeat Abbotsford 3-2 - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.