D.C. United to Hold Annual Holiday Equipment SaleNovember 30, 2012 - Major League Soccer (MLS) D.C. United
The sale will include items such as game-worn player jerseys and shorts, practice jerseys, long sleeve tops, sweatshirts, team jackets, training pants, team polos and match balls. This sale is open to the general public, and fans are advised to arrive early and enter the stadium through Gate A. Only cash and credit cards will be accepted.
Founded in 2002, United for D.C. serves youth and families with a focus on healthy lifestyles, literacy and education, and improving life skills. United Soccer Club, sponsored by the U.S. Soccer Foundation, Volkswagen, Gallup Community Builders and The D.C. Department of Health, is one of the many community outreach ventures of United for D.C. Others include the Kicks for Kids program, through which thousands of underprivileged children will have an opportunity to watch United play next season, as well as United Reads, currently presented in six DC elementary schools. This program distributes nearly 8,000 books during player visits throughout the year.
Major League Soccer Stories from November 30, 2012
- LA Galaxy look to complete turnaround with second straight MLS Cup title - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Sporting Club and Global Spectrum Agree to Transition Stadium Management - Sporting Kansas City
- Revs Exercise 2013 Options on 15 Players - New England Revolution
- Roster Continues to Take Shape Ahead of 2013 - New England Revolution
- D.C. United to Hold Annual Holiday Equipment Sale - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.