Kelowna Holds off Tri-City 3-2November 29, 2012 - Western Hockey League (WHL) Kelowna Rockets
Dylen McKinlay scored the winning goal midway through the second period to give the Rockets the lead and the team clamped down in the third period, allowing just six Tri-City shots in the period.
Myles Bell added two first period markers, giving him a team-leading 17 on the season.
Jordon Cooke earned the win in the Rockets nets, as the team improved to 16-8-1-1 on the season and 10-2-0-0 at Prospera Place.
Drydn Dow and Connor Rankin scored for the Americans.
Kelowna now gets set for a two game weekend. On Friday the Rockets will put its nine game home winning streak on the line when they host the Moose Jaw Warriors. Then the Rockets will travel to Seattle to play the Thunderbirds on Saturday.
Western Hockey League Stories from November 29, 2012
- Teddy Bear Toss, Two Home Games this Weekend - Kamloops Blazers
- Statement from Portland Winterhawks in Response to WHL - Portland Winterhawks
- WHL Issues Statement Regarding Sanctions Imposed on Portland - WHL
- WHL this Week: Looking Ahead - WHL
- TELECO, Rogers Unveil Special Holiday Offer - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Medicine Hat Tigers Reach Movember Fund Raising Target - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Rockets Deal Vasko to Red Deer - Kelowna Rockets
- Rebels Make Deal With Kelowna - Red Deer Rebels
- Raiders Sign Daae - Prince Albert Raiders
- Kelowna Squeaks out 3-2 Victory against Tri-City - Tri-City Americans
- Moose Jaw Beats Giants 2-1 Wednesday Night - Vancouver Giants
- Kelowna Holds off Tri-City 3-2 - Kelowna Rockets
- Oil Kings Fall 5-4 in Shoot Out - Edmonton Oil Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.