Santa Cruz Warriors Add Maurice Baker and Mickell GladnessNovember 28, 2012 - NBA Development League (D-League) - Santa Cruz Warriors
Baker, a 6'1", 195-pound guard from Oklahoma State University, averaged 13.6 points, 5.2 assists and 6.0 rebounds over five seasons in the NBA D-League with the Dakota Wizards. The veteran guard also played 5 games for the Portland Trail Blazers and 1 game with the Los Angeles Clippers during the 2004-2005 season.
Gladness, a 6'11", 220-pound center from Alabama A&M, averaged 4.6 points, 3.8 rebounds and 1.4 blocks while shooting 57% from the field in 81 games in the NBA D-League over three seasons. He also played 18 games with the Golden State Warriors and 8 games with the Miami HEAT last season, logging game highs of 14 points and 9 rebounds on April 26, 2012 against the San Antonio Spurs.
"Moe and Mickell have been integral parts of championship winning teams in the NBA D-League," said Santa Cruz Warriors Head Coach Nate Bjorkgren. "We are extremely pleased that they have come back to the franchise for another season."
The Santa Cruz Warriors are preparing to tip-off their inaugural season opener on the road against the Reno Bighorns on Friday, November 30. After a seven game road trip, the team will return to Santa Cruz for their home opener against the Bakersfield Jam on December 23.
The Santa Cruz Warriors are the NBA Development League affiliate of the Golden State Warriors. Season tickets and mini-plans are currently on sale at www.santacruzbasketball.com or Santa Cruz Warriors Headquarters at 903 Pacific Avenue.
NBA Development League Stories from November 28, 2012
- Mad Ants Defeat Canton - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Santa Cruz Warriors Add Maurice Baker and Mickell Gladness - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Charge Outlasted by Mad Ants - Canton Charge
- Toros Activate Alexis Wangmene - Austin Spurs
- Los Angeles Lakers Assign Robert Sacre to NBA D-League Affiliate Los Angeles D-Fenders - D-League
- Lakers Assign Robert Sacre to D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Ants Acquire Mitchell - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Bighorns Announce Partnership with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northern Nevada - Reno Bighorns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.