Fresno Hands Aces 4-3 Loss in 12 InningsAugust 29, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Reno Aces
The loss for Reno-coupled with a win by second-place Colorado Springs-trims the Aces' division lead to three with six games remaining in the regular season. Reno's magic number remains at three.
Saddled with a 2-1 deficit through seven innings Tuesday, Josh Bell singled home a run to tie the score in the eighth, then two batters later Taylor Harbin gave the Aces their first lead of the night with a two-out run-scoring double.
That 3-2 lead wouldn't last, though. Pill homered off Jensen Lewis in the eighth to tie the score at 3-3. Then in the bottom of the 12th, he homered again-this time a solo walk-off blast off Aces reliever Bryan Henry (2-1)-ending the proceedings.
Aces starter Trevor Bauer took a no decision, despite scattering two runs on five hits over 6.0 innings. Five Reno relievers combined to hold the Grizzlies to just two runs over the game's final 5.2 frames.
Wilmin Rodriguez (5-5) earned the win out of the Fresno bullpen, tossing a scoreless 12th inning. Starter Boof Bonser scattered a run over 6.0 innings.
At the dish for Reno, A.J. Pollock led the way with three hits, a run scored, an RBI and a stolen base.
The series continues on Wednesday night at Chukchansi Park. RHP Joe Martinez (10-10, 5.53 ERA) toes the slab for the Aces, while the Grizzlies turn to LHP Brian Burres (4-6, 5.48 ERA). First pitch is set for 7:05 p.m. PT, and the action can be heard live on Fox Sports 630 AM or by visiting RenoAces.com.
Reno returns for the final homestand of the 2012 regular season on Friday night. Tickets are on-sale now at RenoAces.com, by calling (775) 334-7000 or by visiting the Aces Ballpark Ticket Office.
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 29, 2012
- 'Topes Routed by RedHawks, 11-0 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- RedHawks Rout Isotopes, 11-0 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Sacramento Steals 4-3 Win with 9th Inning Rally - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Omaha Slugs Memphis - Memphis Redbirds
- Omaha Bounces Back to Beat Memphis - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Round Rock Express Cruise Past New Orleans 10-6 - Round Rock Express
- River Cats Clinch Record Sixth-Straight Division Crown - Sacramento River Cats
- Sounds Blank I-Cubs for Fourth Straight Victory - Nashville Sounds
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes vs. New Orleans Zephyrs - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes: August 29, 2012 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- RedHawks, Hertz to Honor Reverend Bill Greason Tomorrow - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- John Ely Named PCL Pitcher of the Year - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Ely Earns 2012 PCL Pitcher of the Year - PCL
- Aces Foundation, JAKKS Pacific to Donate 15,000 Toys to Northern Nevada Children - Reno Aces
- Sounds to Welcome Goodlettsville Little League U.S. Champions to Greer Saturday - Nashville Sounds
- Isotopes hampered by 'Hawks - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Fresno Hands Aces 4-3 Loss in 12 Innings - Reno Aces
- Tucson wins victory - Tucson Padres
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.