FC Dallas Signs 25-Year-Old Forward Matias JaraAugust 21, 2012 - Major League Soccer (MLS) FC Dallas
"Matias gives us some much needed depth at striker," said FC Dallas head coach Schellas Hyndman. "It's no secret we've been hit hard with injuries this year and we needed more experience and options at such a high impact position."
Jara played the 2011-12 season with Argentine second division side Guillermo Brown. The 25-year-old forward made 15 appearances last season, netting two goals. Jara made the jump from Argentine third division side Chacarita Juniors to Guillermo Brown last year. He played in seven matches with Chacarita Juniors during the 2010-11 season.
Jara began his career in the Argentine second division with ComisiÃ"n de Actividades Infantiles (C.A.I.). From 2005 through 2010, Jara appeared in 61 matches for C.A.I. He found the back of the net 12 times over that period. Jara made 14 appearances in the Argentine first division with Godoy Cruz in 2009-10. He netted two goals that season, one of which came in a 3-2 victory over storied Argentine club, Boca Juniors.
Major League Soccer Stories from August 21, 2012
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Sanctions Koffie, Camara, and Bernardez - MLS
- Advisory: Second Annual Chicago Fire White Party Sold Out - Chicago Fire
- Kia, MLSE Team up Foundation Kick off New KickStart Program - Toronto FC
- Preview: RSL-Tauro FC - CONCACAF Champions League Group Stage, August 21 - Real Salt Lake
- This Week in MLS - Union Young Guns to Take on RSL Vets this Friday on NBC Sports Network - MLS
- Doneil Henry Re-Signs with Toronto FC - Toronto FC
- Rapids Sign World Cup Veteran Hendry Thomas - Colorado Rapids
- FC Dallas Signs 25-Year-Old Forward Matias Jara - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.