Storm Chasers Fall to Nashville, 9-1August 20, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Omaha Storm Chasers
Nate Adcock (7-5) was hit with the loss after giving up six runs over nine hits in six innings of work. All six runs came in the second inning. Irving Falu provided Omaha's (77-53) only spark offensively with his RBI single in the ninth inning.
The Sounds (60-70) exploded for six runs in the second as they hit Adcock hard and strung together five consecutive hits to start the inning. The biggest blow of the frame came on a two-run double that put the Chasers in a 3-0 hole.
Omaha's offense stalled and was held out of the hit column until the sixth when Ray Navarro broke up Claudio Vargas' perfect game with a double. Unfortunately, Navarro would not cross home plate as the next three batters were sat down to end the threat.
After Blaine Hardy worked a perfect seventh inning, manager Mike Jirschele summoned Donnie Joseph to pitch the eighth. Joseph did not have his best stuff on Monday and was knocked around to the tune of three runs to put Omaha behind further at 9-0. Roman Colon contained the Sounds in his inning of relief in the ninth to keep the game at 9-0.
Donovan Hand started the ninth in relief of Nashville's Vargas, who went eight innings and allowed two hits while punching out seven, and promptly gave up a leadoff single to Jason Bourgeois. Bourgeois advanced to second on a Cody Clark groundout. Falu then singled up the middle to plate Bourgeois and score the Storm Chasers' only run of the contest. Derrick Robinson lined out to left field while the game's final batter, Anthony Seratelli, struck out to end it.
Omaha and Nashville will do battle one last time on Tuesday at 7:05 p.m. QuikTrip and Pepsi present T-Shirt Tuesdays as the first 1,000 fans to enter Werner Park will receive a free "Fan Designed" Tee. Jared Ripley designed it and now you have the opportunity to be one of the lucky ones to wear it. It's also the Z-92, Werner Cycle Works, and Omaha Storm Chasers bike giveaway. Get to Werner Park between 5 and 6 p.m. for your last chance to sign up to win a Werner Cycle Works motorcycle. A live drawing for the motorcycle will take place on the field around 6:50 p.m. Tuesday's activities are presented in conjunction with QuikTrip, Pepsi and Z-92. Tuesday's game can be heard locally on 1180 The Zone 2 - The Deuce and online at omahastormchasers.com.
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 20, 2012
- Storm Chasers Fall to Nashville, 9-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Round Rock Express Edge Oklahoma City 2-1 - Round Rock Express
- Perez Silences RedHawks, 2-1 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Vargas Tosses Gem as Sounds Defeat Storm Chasers, 9-1 - Nashville Sounds
- Tucson Padres Announce 2013 Home Schedule - Tucson Padres
- KAT 103 to Broadcast Live from Werner Park, Tuesday at Lunch Time - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Rangers Reinstate Dempster; Option Martin - Round Rock Express
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes vs. Oklahoma City RedHawks (68-60) - Round Rock Express
- Jake Odorizzi Selected as the PCL Pitcher of the Week - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Nanita, Odorizzi Honored For Big Weeks - PCL
- RedHawks Game Notes: August 20, 2012 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Tucson and Fresno Split Doubleheader Sunday - Tucson Padres
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.