Pitching Leads Lemurs' to WinAugust 18, 2012 - American Association (AA) Laredo Lemurs
Mark Haynes set the tone as he came out or the box throwing strikes. Haynes ended the night after throwing five and a third, giving up one run, on two hits, with eight strikeouts. Haynes did not earn a decision in this outing as he gave up two walks in the sixth before being taken out of the game.
Chaz Roe (3-2) came on in relief and gave up a base hit to allow Brandon Jones to score and tie up the game. Roe earned the win, as he threw two and thirds of inning, facing 10 batters, striking out five of them.
Mike Benacka came out in the ninth to lock down the Lemurs win with his ninth save of the season. Benacka went one, giving up two hits, with a strikeout in the ninth.
The bottom of the order turned in a nice effort tonight for the Lemurs as they combined four hits, in 10 at bats, with three runs, and three RBI's. The bottom of the order had Brian Peterson hitting seventh, ending his night going one for four, with a run. Stephen Pearson hit eighth and went two for four with a run. Anthony Scelfo hit in the nine hole and went one for two, with a run, a walk, and a sac bunt.
Palmer Karr Jr. picked up two hits, while driving in a run, and extended his hitting streak to 21 games on the season. John Allen and Uriak Marquez also had two hits on the night.
The losing pitcher was Josh Rainwater (4-9) as he went seven and a third, giving up three runs, on 11 hits, with two walks, and two strikeouts.
The Laredo Lemurs will be on this six game road trip that take them through Sioux Falls, South Dakota and Kansas City, Kansas. The Lemurs will be home for a six game home stand starting on August 21st. You can get tickets at the Laredo Lemurs box office, online at www.laredolemurs.com, or by phone at 956-7LEMURS. All games at Uni-Trade Stadium are set for 7:30pm.
American Association Stories from August 18, 2012
- Lemurs Get 13 Hits in 4-1 Win over T-Bones - Kansas City T-Bones
- Pitching Leads Lemurs' to Win - Laredo Lemurs
- American Association Results - AA
- Wingnuts take second straight from Explorers - Sioux City Explorers
- Espinosa Excellent, Ortiz the Hero in 'Dogs Walk-Off - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Klein Sets Single-Season Walks Record in 11-4 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Power and Pitching Lead RedHawks to 10-1 Victory - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Big Inning Leads Wingnuts Victory - Wichita Wingnuts
- Gary Southshore Routs Pheasants - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Wild Card Lead Down to Just Three Games - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Ruwe Dazzles Again as Saints Win 4-1 - St. Paul Saints
- Rain Washes out Saturday Action - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Saints Seven Game Homestand Fit for the Walking Dead - St. Paul Saints
- Wingnuts Stretch Lead with Exciting Win - Wichita Wingnuts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.