Suns Maul BayBears 11-5August 10, 2012 - Southern League (SL) Jacksonville Suns
Danny Pertusati gave the Suns a 2-0 lead in the first inning with a two-run home run off of BayBears starter Brett Lorin. The Suns improved to 46-18 when scoring the first run of the game. Mobile took the lead 3-2 in the top half of the second with a two-out rally, with Brett Lorin driving in two of the runs with a single to center and Wladimir Sutil driving in another with his 14th double of the season. The Suns tied game 3-3 in the bottom of the second, when Alfredo Lopez walked and scored on Jake Smolinski's single up the middle.
Mobile took a 5-3 advantage in the top of the third, but that would be all the offense the BayBears could generate. The Suns scored three runs in the bottom of the fourth to take the lead 6-5. Pertusati provided the big hit with a two-run triple. Jacksonville tacked on another run in the sixth inning to make the score 7-5, and put the game away with a four-run eighth inning for the 11-5 final.
Danny Pertusati went 3-for-4 with two home runs and five RBI's. He has hit all four of his home runs against the BayBears. Ben Lasater finished 4-for-5 with a RBI. Zach Cox drove in three runs, and Jake Smolinski reached base three times and scored twice. The top four players in the Suns batting order combined to go 10-for-15 with 10 RBI's and seven runs scored.
Bryan Evans (5-6) allowed five runs on five hits over five innings to win his third straight decision. Brett Lorin (3-8) surrendered six runs on eight hits in four innings to drop his third straight game.
Game four of the series is Saturday night with the first pitch scheduled for 7:05 p.m. LHP Brian Flynn (2-0, 4.08) will take the mound for the Suns in search of his third straight win. RHP Chase Anderson (3-3, 2.62) gets the call for the BayBears.
Southern League Stories from August 10, 2012
- 35th Sellout of the Season on Mini Bat Giveaway Night - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Late Rally Falls Short in 4-3 Loss Friday Night - Tennessee Smokies
- Generals Blast by Montgomery Friday to Stop Skid - Jackson Generals
- Biscuits Struggle in Clutch, Fall 4-2 - Montgomery Biscuits
- BayBears Fall to Suns in Friday Matinee - Mobile BayBears
- Bobby Stevens to Mississippi - Mississippi Braves
- Suns Maul BayBears 11-5 - Jacksonville Suns
- Generals Game Notes - Jackson Generals
- On Air: Inside the Blue Wahoos Is on Now - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Barons and Smokies Open Promotion Packed Homestand - Birmingham Barons
- Travelers and Birmingham Barons Announce Travelers Night at the Ballpark - Birmingham Barons
- BayBears Back Strong Pitching with 6-2 Win - Mobile BayBears
- Car Survivor 3 Ends on Rules Violation - Huntsville Stars
- Smokies Even up Series with Stars - Huntsville Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.