Arroyo Silences BayBears as Barons Cruise 8-4August 5, 2012 - Southern League (SL) Birmingham Barons
The Barons jumped on Mobile starter Brett Lorin (3-7, 5.10) for three runs in the first on an RBI double by Andy Wilkins and a two-run single by Eric Morrison. The lead would grow to 6-0 in the second on a singles by Carlos Sanchez and Morrison, who collected four RBI in the first two innings. Lorin would last just 1.1 inning allowing six runs on seven hits.
In the fifth, Kenny Williams Jr. clubbed a solo home run to make it 7-0 and in the sixth Morrison collected his fifth RBI on a sacrifice fly to make it 8-0. Morrison would finish 2-for-3 on the afternoon and has raised his average from .211 to .285 since June 2nd .
The eight runs were more than enough for Arroyo (6-1, 3.00) who cruised through six shutout innings without allowing a hit. In the seventh, Arroyo allowed three hits and three runs (two earned) but finished out the inning. Arroyo leads the White Sox organization with 11 wins so far this season.
The BayBears would tack on another run in the ninth against reliever Matt Wickswat but th win was never in doubt as the Barons prevailed 8-4. With the win, the Barons improved to 51-61 and 21-22 in the second half while Mobile dropped to 57-56 and 17-26 in the second half. The Barons will look for their second-straight series victory tomorrow night as RHP Jacob Petricka (0-2, 3.80) takes the hill against RHP Chase Anderson (3-3, 2.70). First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 PM CDT.
Southern League Stories from August 5, 2012
- Miller Delivers 9th Inning Walkoff for Generals - Jackson Generals
- Hamilton Steals Three as Wahoos Fall 7-4 - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Stars Win Second Straight - Huntsville Stars
- Generals Walk off with 5-4 Win over Smokies - Tennessee Smokies
- Suns Batter Biscuits 7-1 - Jacksonville Suns
- Offense Cold Again in 3rd-Straight Loss - Montgomery Biscuits
- Arroyo Silences BayBears as Barons Cruise 8-4 - Birmingham Barons
- Lookouts Take Down Braves 6-4 in Rain-Shortened Game - Mississippi Braves
- Lookouts Top M-Braves, 6-4 - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Generals Game Notes - Jackson Generals
- Conley Reinstated To Jacksonville - Jacksonville Suns
- BayBears Lead Early But Fall Late - Mobile BayBears
- Improbable 11th Inning Leads Stars to Walk-Off - Huntsville Stars
- Stars Answer Wahoos' Rally, Walk off with 6-5 Win in 11 - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.