Chasers Fall 5-3; Five Game Win Streak SnappedAugust 3, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Omaha Storm Chasers
Reno (66-48) snagged an early 2-0 lead in the first on a two-run home run by former Kansas City Royal, Mike Jacobs. From there, both offenses were quiet until the sixth when the Aces tallied another run to jump ahead of Omaha (68-46) by a score of 3-0.
Reno's starter, Tyler Skaggs, held the Chasers to just two hits in his seven innings and was relieved in the eighth by Jensen Lewis. Adam Moore, the first batter Lewis faced, earned a walk and advanced to third on back-to-back singles by Irving Falu and Johnny Giavotella. Jonathan Albaladejo was then summoned to replace Lewis and induced a groundball force out at home. He then walked Wil Myers, with the bases loaded, to push across Falu. Clint Robinson grounded out to end the inning.
New Omaha Storm Chaser, Donnie Joseph, who was one of two players acquired in the Jonathan Broxton deal was summoned by manager Mike Jirschele to pitch the ninth inning and allowed two runs in his Chasers debut to put Omaha in a 5-1 hole.
The Storm Chasers did not back down and started the ninth with back-to-back singles by Max Ramirez and David Lough. Moore flew out and then Derrick Robinson, who was brought in to pinch-hit for Jason Bourgeois, walked to load the bases. After a strikeout by Falu, Giavotella singled home Ramirez and Lough. Anthony Seratelli was then brought in to pinch-hit with two outs and after D. Robinson and Giavotella advanced to second and third on defensive indifference; Seratelli was caught looking at strike three to end the game.
The Chasers will play the Aces one final time on Saturday at 7:05 p.m. Nebraska Organ Recovery presents a special "Organ" Jersey Auction and fireworks. Throughout the game, fans will have an opportunity to bid on "Organ" jerseys that will be worn during Saturday's game, signed by the players who wore them and auctioned off after the game with the all the proceeds going to Nebraska Organ Recovery. Saturday's game is also Public Service Appreciation Night and will feature the vehicles of local Public Service Agencies on display in front of Werner Park for your viewing pleasure. Saturday's game is presented by our friends at Nebraska Organ Recovery, WOWT and 1110AM KFAB. Be sure to tune in locally on the radio at 1180 The Zone 2 - The Deuce and online at omahastormchasers.com to listen to your Omaha Storm Chasers in action.
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 3, 2012
- Round Rock wins 8-7 - Tucson Padres
- Chasers Fall 5-3; Five Game Win Streak Snapped - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Zephyrs Fall to Salt Lake - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Skaggs Dominant in 5-3 Aces' Victory - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express Rally Past Tucson 8-7 - Round Rock Express
- Cubs Drop Seventh Straight - Iowa Cubs
- RedHawks Game Notes: August 3, 2012 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Coleman Rejoins Iowa, Parker Rehabs with I-Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Reno Aces Aim to Beat the Heat with Hot Doggest Nights - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes vs. Tucson Padres - Round Rock Express
- Cubs Name LHP Brooks Raley Minor League Pitcher of the Month - Iowa Cubs
- Rainiers, Union Bank Hit a Home Run for Area Youth - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sounds Lose to Fresno in Extras, 4-3 - Nashville Sounds
- Rainiers Roughed Up By RedHawks, 7-1 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Ely Resilient in 8-5 'Topes Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Cowgill Powers River Cats Past Redbirds, 4-3 - Sacramento River Cats
- RedHawks Snap Skid in 7-1 Victory - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Salt Lake rallies for win - Salt Lake Bees
- Bees Sting Zephyrs, Snap Seven Game Win Streak - New Orleans Zephyrs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.