Maikel Jova Hitless in First Three at Bats in Hilo, HawaiiJuly 27, 2012 - North American League (NAL) San Rafael Pacifics
Jova's consecutive games hit streak sits at 37 games, a North American League record, and the longest in the minor leagues since 2009.
The right fielder hit the ball sharply in two at bats - a line out to left, and a line-drive out to the second basemen.
Stars starter Bryan Herrera (2-2, 4.86 ERA entering Thursday) allowed nine hits - two to San Rafael catcher Jon Hurst - walked three and struck out seven, and gave up four runs.
The Pacifics (25-13) and the Stars (19-19) were tied at 4-4, heading to the seventh.
North American League Stories from July 27, 2012
- Cats Beat Wings in 10 - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Dogs Lose 5th Straight - Abilene Prairie Dogs
- Colts Win Fourth in a Row - San Angelo Colts
- Roadrunners Win Third Straight, Beat Thunder - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Catcher Returns - Abilene Prairie Dogs
- Maikel Jova Hitless in First Three at Bats in Hilo, Hawaii - San Rafael Pacifics
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.