Thunder Dropped by ColtsJuly 15, 2012 - North American League (NAL) McAllen Thunder
The Colts (23-25) were lead by Ronnie Gaines, J.J. Sherrill, Landon Camp, and Ryan Hutson all drove in two-runs a piece to pace the offense.
The McAllen Thunder (17-33) got scoring started in the top of the second inning when Matt Reading drove-in Gianison Rosa who drew walk to start that rally.
Then the Colts started their rally as Landon Camp initiated it with a double and would score by a Corey Patton single to tie things up at one. The Colts would bat around as they get six more runs on six hits.
The Thunder would chip away at the deficit but would fall short on the rally as Matt Redding hit his first home run of the season to get it to a three-run difference. Redding ended the night with five runs driven in while going 3-for-5.
Demetrius Banks (3-4) took the loss for the Thunder as he lasted only two innings giving up seven runs and hits.
Chris Weast (1-2) was the winning pitcher for the Colts throwing an inning and a third while allowing two hits and two runs.
The Thunder will start a six game road series in seven days against the Abilene Prairie Dogs on Monday night at Walt Driggers Field with the first pitch at 7:05 p.m.
The Thunder is in their 2nd season of professional baseball in the 2012 North American League season. Season Tickets, Family Passes and group nights for Thunder games are available at 956-380-6256.
North American League Stories from July 15, 2012
- Colts Snap Losing Streak - San Angelo Colts
- Thunder Dropped by Colts - McAllen Thunder
- 'Runners Win Streak Snapped - Edinburg Roadrunners
- WhiteWings Beat Roadrunners, 5-4 - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Sunday Rain Causes Game Postponement - Fort Worth Cats
- A Rainy Sunday - Abilene Prairie Dogs
- Dogs Add a Starter - Abilene Prairie Dogs
- Thunder Snap Skid - McAllen Thunder
- Colts Lose Fifth Straight, 5-2 - San Angelo Colts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.