Boucher to Have Hip SurgeryJuly 12, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Fort Wayne Komets
Boucher, 31, has been a goaltender with the Komets the past five consecutive seasons backstopping Fort Wayne to four league championships.
Boucher's surgery will take place next week at Fort Wayne Orthopedics, Lutheran Health Network.
The veteran netminder is expected to miss at least the first two months of the upcoming 2012-13 regular season.
"This is a surgery Nick has to have," Komet general manager David Franke said. "We will assess his return when the time is right."
ECHL Stories from July 12, 2012
- Aces Ink Coleman as First Off-Season Signing - Alaska Aces
- Thunder Re-Signs Defenseman Tony DeHart - Stockton Thunder
- Blake Sebring, Greg Poss and PK O'Handley on Episode 5, Season 4 Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Stingrays Launch New StingraysHockey.com - South Carolina Stingrays
- Boucher to Have Hip Surgery - Fort Wayne Komets
- Reign Account Executive Heads to Dallas - Ontario Reign
- Mathieu Aubin Agrees to Terms with Cyclones - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.