Tides Attempting to Set Record for Biggest BLT SandwichJuly 9, 2012 - International League (IL) - Norfolk Tides Press Release
Slices of the BLT will be available for purchase on the night of the 13th, with all proceeds benefitting the Food Bank of Southeastern Virginia. There will also be a bacon eating contest and other bacon-themed promotions on the field during that night's game against the Lehigh Valley IronPigs, including four lucky fans winning a year's supply of bacon courtesy of Gwaltney.
According to the World Records Academy, the previous record for the largest BLT was established on August 24, 2011 in St. Louis, MO, as organizers at the Iron Barley Tomato Fest built a BLT sandwich measuring 224 feet and three inches.
Tickets are available at the Harbor Park Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets and online at norfolktides.com.
Season tickets, group tickets, picnics and patios are also currently available. For pricing and additional information, visit the Harbor Park Box Office, logon to norfolktides.com or call (757) 622-2222.
International League Stories from July 9, 2012
- Johnson Finishes Second in Triple-A HR Derby - Charlotte Knights
- Tides Attempting to Set Record for Biggest BLT Sandwich - Norfolk Tides
- SWB Yankees Name New Leadership Team - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
- Baseball Hall of Famer Cal Ripken Jr. to Appear in Rochester August 7 - Rochester Red Wings
- International League Adds Buffalo-Native INF Jim Negrych to All-Star Roster - Buffalo Bisons
- Chiefs to Host Breast Cancer Awareness Night on July 20 - Syracuse Chiefs
- Negrych Added as Chiefs' Fourth All-Star - Syracuse Chiefs
- International League Names Players of the Week - IL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.