Wahoos Open Homestand on 4th of JulyJuly 4, 2012 - Southern League (SL) Pensacola Blue Wahoos
Even though the Blue Wahoos will not be launching a team sanctioned fireworks show, the stadium will remain open for fans to watch the annual Sertoma Club's fireworks show they put on for the City of Pensacola.
The stadium will open for the day at 2:30 p.m. and remain following the special 4:00 p.m. game through the fireworks show slated to begin at 9:00p.m.
Thursday, July 5, 2012 - 7:00
Then, it's time for another Thirsty Thursday withBeer and soda specials all night beginning when gates open at 5:30 p.m. Select beers are $2 and 12 oz canned sodas are $1 presented by Wells Fargo.
When you get to the park, sign up at Gulf Coast Community Bank Fan Assistance booth on the concourse behind home plate for our hot dog eating contest.
Families Count will be holding a hygiene drive for homeless veterans. They are looking for basic hygiene products such as soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc. Families Count is a non-profit charitable organziation providing innovative family services in Northwest Florida.
Don't forget this game will be televised live on WFXG My 35.
Friday, July 6, 2012 - 7:00
Friday is another Fan Appreciation Friday, and the first 2,000 fans will receive a Blue Wahoos umbrella courtesy of Fisher Brown Bottrell Insurance.
Saturday, July 7, 2012 - 6:30
The Bay-to-Bay series returns to Pensacola for round 2, and it all starts with a bang! Since we didn't do a big show on the 4th, we're going to blow it all out on Fireworks Saturday! We're going to do our majestic patriotic themed Independence Day fireworks show on the 7th presented by Hancock Bank.
If you're a family of four sign up for our Pack Your Bags promotion. Two families of four will compete in an on-field promotion for the chance to win a trip for four including airfare and game tickets to see the Cincinnati Reds later this season presented by the Pensacola International Airport and Delta Airlines.Again, if you can't make it, the game will be televised live on WFXG My 35.
Sunday, July 8, 2012 - 2:00
The fun continues with our Family Sunday. Following the game kids can run the bases and families can play catch in the outfield grass in the Family Toss presented by McDonalds.
Pensacola Mess Hall ==] will have a kids display on the concourse. Kids are encouraged to stop by for some fun with math, engineering, science and stuff.
Dan Shugart and Greg Litton will be back for the third telecast of the series live on WFXG My 35.
Monday, July 9, 2012 - 7:00
We wrap up the homestand with a Social Media Monday.Fans are encouraged to 'Tweet Your Seat' for a chance to win a prize. Select Tweets to @bluewahoosBBall will be displayed on the videoboard throughout the game.
Southern League Stories from July 4, 2012
- Stars Snap Losing Streak - Huntsville Stars
- Fernandez Outduels Sheets as Generals Take Opener 4-2 - Jackson Generals
- Suns Hold off Smokies 4-3 - Jacksonville Suns
- Smokies Rally Falls Short in 4-3 Loss Wednesday Night - Tennessee Smokies
- BayBears Fall to Biscuits 8-2 - Mobile BayBears
- Offense Explodes to Back Buschmann - Montgomery Biscuits
- Sellout Crowd Enjoys Festive Day on 4th of July - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Two-Time BCS Champ, All-American Trent Richardson at Saturday's Game - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Peacock Heads Back to AAA, Barnhart Added to Pensacola Roster - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Generals Game Notes - Jackson Generals
- Luis Avilan to Gwinnett and Ben Sheets to Mississippi - Mississippi Braves
- Wahoos Open Homestand on 4th of July - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Dudley Transferred To Jupiter; Lasater Transferred To Jacksonville - Jacksonville Suns
- RHP Sanchez to Nashville; RHP Lowe to Huntsville - Huntsville Stars
- Stars Swept by Barons - Huntsville Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.