Darin Downs Called up by Detroit TigersJuly 3, 2012 - Northwest League (NWL) Boise Hawks
The 27-year-old spent three seasons in Boise, compiling a 14-9 record in 37 appearances with the Hawks. Downs helped Boise to the 2004 Northwest League championship and the 2006 team to the NWL East Division pennant.
Downs had a stellar 2009 in the Rays organization, going 12-4 at Advanced A Charlotte, before being struck in the head by a line-drive in his second appearance at AA Montgomery. Recovering from the near fatal incident, the lefty spent last season at AAA New Orleans in the Miami organization before signing a contract with the Tigers this spring. He was 0-2 with a 2.15 ERA in 25 appearances at AAA Toledo.
Downs will be the 95th former Boise Hawk to play in Major League Baseball when he makes his debut.
Northwest League Stories from July 3, 2012
- Darin Downs Called up by Detroit Tigers - Boise Hawks
- Sox Cruise to 10-1 Win over Ems - Everett AquaSox
- Dust Devils Comeback Earns First Series Win - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Sosa Blooper Lifts Dust Devils - Boise Hawks
- Carreras and the Rest of the Bears Win Again - Yakima Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.