OF Mittelstaedt and RHP Baker to HuntsvilleJuly 3, 2012 - Southern League (SL) Huntsville Stars
The 24-year-old Mittelstaedt was hitting .258 in 76 games for the Brevard County Manatees, including 17 doubles, 7 triples and nine home runs. He's third in the Florida State League in extra-base hits (33) and second in triples (7). The California native also ranks third in walks (42) and strikeouts (84). He was drafted by the Brewers in the 44th round of the 2010 First-Year Player Draft out of Long Beach State University.
In 15 games (11 starts) with the Nashville Sounds, Baker is 2-3 with a 5.33 ERA (54ip/32er). The 29-year-old spent the 2011 season in the Tampa Bay Rays organization at Triple-A Durham. There he posted a 7-9 record with a 6.62 ERA in 25 appearances (20 starts). The Brewers signed Baker to a minor league contract on November 30, 2011.
With these moves, the Stars active roster is at 25, the Southern League limit.
The Stars wrap up a three-game road trip tonight at Birmingham before returning home for a six-game homestand against the Chattanooga Lookouts and Jacksonville Suns starting on Wednesday, July 4. For more information on the Huntsville Stars, visit huntsvillestars.com or call (256) 882-2562. Don't forget to keep up with the Stars on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and their official newsletter!
Southern League Stories from July 3, 2012
- Generals Drop Series Finale in Front of Sellout Crowd - Jackson Generals
- BayBears Drop Series Finale to Braves 3-2 - Mobile BayBears
- M-Braves Take Series with 3-2 Win in Mobile - Mississippi Braves
- Thompson Dominant as Biscuits Salvage Finale - Montgomery Biscuits
- Pensacola Defeats Jacksonville 7-5 - Jacksonville Suns
- Homestand Highlights - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Barons Finish Sweep of Stars with 5-1 Win - Birmingham Barons
- Smokies Can't Hold 6-0 Lead, Drop Series Finale at Chattanooga - Tennessee Smokies
- Lookouts Outslug Smokies, 11-6 - Chattanooga Lookouts
- RHP Evan Marshall Awarded with D-Backs Monthly Honor - Mobile BayBears
- Healthy Huntsville and Huntsville Stars Host Healthy Chili Cook-Off Challenge - Huntsville Stars
- Generals Game Notes - Jackson Generals
- Fourth of July Celebration Kicks off Homestand - Tennessee Smokies
- OF Mittelstaedt and RHP Baker to Huntsville - Huntsville Stars
- Paxton Reinstated from Disabled List, Starts Tonight - Jackson Generals
- Madden, Taylor, Alvarez Sent to DL - Jacksonville Suns
- Chipper Jones #10 Retirement Plan On-Sale Now at Trustmark Park - Mississippi Braves
- Stars Lose Third Straight - Huntsville Stars
- BayBears Power Past Braves 6-2 - Mobile BayBears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.