Ontario Announces Qualifying OffersJuly 2, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) - Ontario Reign
Those eight players are forwards Geoff Irwin, Chris Cloud, Rob Mignardi, and Kevin Estrada, and defensemen Adrian Van de Mosselaer, Jordan Hill, Chris Huxley and Cameron Burt.
Each team was entitled to reserve the rights to a maximum of eight qualified players. Of the eight qualified players, no more than four could be veterans (260 regular season professional hockey games played as of the start of the upcoming 2012-13 season). Players on open qualifying offers cannot be traded.
The qualifying offer must remain open for acceptance until Aug. 1 at which time the qualifying offer becomes null and void and the team may sign the qualified player to any salary or may elect to take no further action. Teams that extend a valid qualifying offer to a non-veteran player shall retain the rights to that qualified player for one playing season.
A team that extends a valid qualifying offer to a veteran player will retain the rights to that veteran until Aug. 1. After Aug. 1, if the veteran player is not signed to a contract by the team, the veteran shall be deemed a restricted free agent and shall be entitled to seek and secure offers of employment from other ECHL teams. Restricted free agents may not be traded. When a restricted free agent receives a contract offer from a team other than the team with the player's rights and the restricted free agent wishes to accept the contract offer, the restricted free agent and the offering member must, within 24 hours, notify the ECHL, the team with the player's rights and the Professional Hockey Players' Association. The member with the player's rights shall have seven days after the date it is notified to exercise its right to match the contract offer.
If a restricted free agent is not signed to either an offer sheet or a contract by an ECHL team by Aug. 31, the player shall be deemed an unrestricted free agent.
ECHL Stories from July 2, 2012
- Greg Poss to Return for Third Season as Head Coach - Florida Everblades
- Road Warriors Submit Qualifying Offers to Eight Players - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Wranglers Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Idaho Announces Eight Qualifying Offers - Idaho Steelheads
- Cyclones Submit Qualifying Offers to Six Players - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Everblades Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Florida Everblades
- Nailers Extend Qualifying Offers - Wheeling Nailers
- Gladiators Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven Players - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Condors Send Qualifying Offers to Six Players - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors in the Community: Mascots Celebrate 4th of July - Bakersfield Condors
- Kalamazoo Makes Offers to Eight Players - Kalamazoo Wings
- Ontario Announces Qualifying Offers - Ontario Reign
- Six Thunder Players Tendered Qualifying Offers - Stockton Thunder
- Colorado Eagles Issue Five Qualifying Offers to Players - Colorado Eagles
- Stingrays Announce List of Qualifying Offers - South Carolina Stingrays
- Grizzlies Extend Eight Qualifying Offers for 2012-2013 - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Extend Qualifying Offers - Reading Royals
- ECHL Announces Players with Qualifying Offers - ECHL
- Hardy Returns for 2nd Season - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.