Barnstormers Fall to Pittsburgh on MilitarynightJuly 1, 2012 - Arena Football League (AFL) Iowa Barnstormers
Barnstormers DB Jason Simpson had the play of the first half, when he returned an interception 12 yards to put Iowa ahead 14-7. The two teams matched each other score for score the rest of the half, with Pittsburgh taking a 26-21 lead into the break.
Iowa responded in the third quarter and jumped out to a 10 point lead 42-32. However the Barnstormers watched their lead evaporate as the powerful Pittsburgh defense turned up the heat to force two fourth quarter safeties. The Power then capitalized on both of the ensuing drives by scoring touchdowns on each of them, securing a commanding 56-42 lead in just 10 minutes. Iowa rallied to cut the lead to 56-49 with just seconds remaining in the game, but that would be as close as they would get.
The Barnstormers now hit the road for two weeks as they travel to Kansas City and San Jose, before returning home for the final game of the season on July 21 vs. San Antonio. Great seats are still available for this game. The first 1,000 kids will receive a FREE replica Rodney Filer Youth Jersey, courtesy of Scrap Processors, Inc. To order your tickets now, head to the Arena box office, online at www.theiowabarnstormers.com or call 515.633.2255.
Arena Football League Stories from July 1, 2012
- Orlando Predators Defeated by Georgia Force, 56-53 - Orlando Predators
- Georgia Force Defeat Orlando Predators 56-53 - Georgia Force
- VooDoo Atop South Division After Win over Jacksonville - New Orleans VooDoo
- Barnstormers Fall to Pittsburgh on Militarynight - Iowa Barnstormers
- Command Held Down by Talons - Kansas City Command
- Sharks Fall to VooDoo in Divisional Clash, 65-55 - Jacksonville Sharks
- Rush Drop Game to San Jose, Remain in Playoff Hunt - Chicago Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.