Rox Defeat HonkersJune 30, 2012 - Northwoods League (Northwoods) St. Cloud Rox
Mark Rhine (Wake Forest) had a great night at the plate for the Rox with a home run, two runs scored and a stolen base. The second baseman also made a number of nice plays in the infield.
Tadd Johansen (Wayne State College) earned the victory for St Cloud with seven innings of five hit, one run ball. The lefty is now 2-1 on the season.
Jamie Simpson (Eastern Michigan) had a sacrifice fly for the Rox first run early in the game, which was a 1-1 deadlock through six and a half innings. That's when the Rox brought out the boomsticks and began swatting balls over the fence.
Mark Rhine led off the bottom of the seventh with a solo bomb to straight away left field, his first of the season. Rhine's home run was the eventual game winner and gave the Rox a 2-1 lead. Two batters later the newest member of the Rox, Elvin Soto (Pittsburgh), drilled a pitch to deep left field as well to make the score 3-1.
The Rox play at Mankato Saturday night at 6:05 before returning home for Coborn Kid's Day on Sunday night. The 6:05 game offers the opportunity for youngsters to run the bases after the game.
Northwoods League Stories from June 30, 2012
- Chucks Force Extras, Fall to Express 7-6 in 10 Innings - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rafters Let Series Slip Away in Lakeshore - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Honkers Lose 4-2 in Thunder Bay - Rochester Honkers
- MoonDogs Clinch Playoff Berth - Mankato MoonDogs
- Mallards Comeback in the Ninth Stuns Loggers - Madison Mallards
- Chinooks Deflate Rafters with Early Offense Saturday 10-8 - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Mallards Look to Steal Series from Loggers - Madison Mallards
- Rox Defeat Honkers - St. Cloud Rox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.