Angels Cather Scheduled with 66ers WednesdayJune 12, 2012 - California League (CalL) Inland Empire 66ers
Wilson is in his fifth major league season, all with the Angels, and is currently coming back from a concussion suffered when a foul ball came back and hit him in the mask last Monday against the Seattle Mariners. Wilson was batting .171 in 32 games for the Angels in 2012. Over his first four major league seasons Wilson hit .206 with five home runs and 24 BI in 116 big league games.
Wilson should have fond memories of the California League. In 2005 while playing for the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes he hit .290 with a career best 14 HR and 77 RBI. He played for Rancho Cucamonga again on a rehab assignment in 2010, going 2-for-6 at the plate in two games.
In addition to potentially seeing a big leaguer, Inland Empire 66ers fans should get their tickets now for Wednesday as it will be the last chance to see the 66ers prior to the All Star Break at their home park, San Manuel Stadium. Tickets are on sale now both at the 66ers box office and online at www.66ers.com . For more information on the Inland Empire 66ers please contact Sam Farber, Director of Broadcasting, at 909-495-7632.
California League Stories from June 12, 2012
- Angels Cather Scheduled with 66ers Wednesday - Inland Empire 66ers
- Bako Splits Doubleheader in Stockton, Drops Magic Number to 1 - Bakersfield Blaze
- San Jose Giants Homestand Preview: June 14-June 16 - San Jose Giants
- Big Innings Doom Giants in 12-8 Defeat - San Jose Giants
- Quakes Alone in First After Ninth-Inning Rally - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- 66ers Match Season High 12 Runs in Win - Inland Empire 66ers
- JetHawks Lost Heartbreaker in Rancho - Lancaster JetHawks
- Blaze Score 4 in Ninth, Come Back to Beat Stockton 6-3 - Bakersfield Blaze
- Storm Fall 7-4, Game Behind Quakes for First - Lake Elsinore Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.