Dynamo Suffer 3-1 Loss at VancouverJune 11, 2012 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Houston Dynamo
Mattocks, the No. 2 overall pick in the 2012 MLS SuperDraft, delivered a 1-0 lead for Vancouver in the fourth minute. Lee Young-Pyo served a precise cross from the right flank and Mattocks volleyed the ball into the upper corner for an early lead.
In the 66th minute Vancouver midfielder Gershon Koffie sent a great pass in behind the Houston defense and Mattocks beat Dynamo goalkeeper Tally Hall for his second goal and a 2-0 Vancouver advantage.
Kandji entered as a substitute in the second half and made a quick contribution. He received an accurate cross from Brian Ownby and smashed the ball into the net to cut the lead in half.
It was Kandji's first goal with the Dynamo and the first career assist for Ownby, who was making his MLS debut as a second-half substitute.
Five minutes after Kandji pulled the Dynamo within a goal Whitecaps substitute Jordan Harvey jumped on a Dynamo mistake in the back and buried his shot into the far side netting for the final goal.
Dynamo defender Warren Creavalle and Ownby each made their first career MLS appearance.
Dynamo forward Brian Ching reached a pair of milestones on Sunday. It was Ching's 200th career MLS regular season game. Sunday also marked Ching's 136th regular season game with the Dynamo, as he moved into a tie for third place on the Dynamo franchise list.
The Dynamo return to BBVA Compass Stadium to face FC Dallas on Saturday at 6:30 p.m. in the only edition of the Texas Derby in 2012. A limited quantity of tickets is available at HoustonDynamo.com
-Next Match: Saturday, June 16, 6:30 p.m. - Houston Dynamo vs. FC Dallas, BBVA Compass Stadium, Houston
Major League Soccer Stories from June 11, 2012
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- Sounders FC and the UPS Store Team up for Book Drive - Seattle Sounders FC
- 4,000 Tickets Still Available for the Opening Match at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- Red Bulls Announce Partnership with JAG Physical Therapy - New York Red Bulls
- Weekly Update: Red Bulls Return to MLS Action, Visit Chicago Fire on Sunday - New York Red Bulls
- The Montreal Impact and Kia Canada Inc. Raise Awareness for PROCURE - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Look to Run Past New York Red Bulls - Chicago Fire
- Serie A Champion Juventus to Face Paris Saint-Germain in Montreal as Part of Herbalife World Footbal - MLS
- Dynamo Suffer 3-1 Loss at Vancouver - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.