Dragons Gameday for June 8June 8, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Dayton Dragons
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 7:07 p.m.
Radio: WONE-AM 980 l TV: WHIO 7.2 (23, 372); MiLB.com
Lake County Captains (28-31) at Dayton Dragons (25-35)
RH Felix Sterling (2-5, 5.86) vs. RH Jacob Johnson (0-1, 2.57)
Today's Game : The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Lake County Captains (affiliate of the Cleveland Indians) in the last game of a three-game series. Streaks : The Dragons have won four straight.
- Despite going 0 for 9 in the first two games of this series, Ryan Wright is still batting .390 over his last 15 games (23 for 59) with eight doubles and a triple to raise his average from .273 to .305. He has had at least two hits in nine of the 15 games.
- Kyle Waldrop is batting .351 over his last 15 games to raise his average from .244 to .277.
- Sean Buckley is batting .370 over his last 15 games with a home run and nine doubles. He has raised his batting average from .153 to .230.
- Steve Selsky is batting .325 over his last 10 games.
- Mike Dennhardt over his last six relief appearances: 11.1 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 SO.
- The Dragons have won four straight games for the first time in 2012. With last night's win, they clinched their third straight series victory. They have won the first two games of this series after winning two-out-of-three in each of the last two sets (vs. South Bend, at Bowling Green).
- The Dragons have won six of their last seven home games.
- The Dragons are 11-8 over their last 19 games after going 2-16 over the previous 18 games. They were 12-11 prior to that 18-game stretch.
- The Dragons are batting .275 as a team over their last 17 games (158 for 575).
- The Dragons are batting .323 (52 for 161) with runners in scoring position over their last 15 games (4 for 14 last night; 8 for 24, .333 in series).
Midwest League Stories from June 8, 2012
- Bees Shut Out, 7-0 to Beloit - Burlington Bees
- Hawks Blanked in Series Finale with Loons - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Miller time for the Timber Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Chiefs Sweep Kernels in Record Setting Fashion - Peoria Chiefs
- River Bandits Fall to Cougars, Suffer First Sweep of 2012 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cougars Sweep River Bandits - Kane County Cougars
- Captains Enjoy Big Inning, Beat Dragons 14-6 - Dayton Dragons
- Floethe, Hot Rods blank Lugnuts, 3-0 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Rea Leads TinCaps to 5-0 Win - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Epic Eighth Inning Elevates Captains to the Win - Lake County Captains
- Dragons Announce Roster Changes - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Announce Roster Moves - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Reds Bill Bray Scheduled to Pitch for Dragons Saturday, Monday - Dayton Dragons
- Kernels Homestand Preview: June 9-14 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons Gameday for June 8 - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps, Minor League Baseball See Attendance Increases - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Snappy D. Turtle Makes Elite 8 in MiLB Mascot Mania - Beloit Snappers
- Lou E. Loon Advances to the Elite 8 - Great Lakes Loons
- Peoria blanks Kernels, 2-0 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.