Angels Catcher Joining Inland Empire this WeekendJune 7, 2012 - California League (CalL) Inland Empire 66ers
Iannetta is a seven year major leaguer with 66 career home runs and 245 career RBI. His best season came in 2008 when he hit .264 with 18 HR and 65 RBI for the Colorado Rockies. Iannetta was acquired by the Angels from the Colorado Rockies in exchange for former second round pick and Redlands East Valley HS alumn Tyler Chatwood. He hit three homers and drove in nine runs in 26 games behind the plate, including working with Jered Weaver May 2nd for his No-Hitter against the Minnesota Twins. Iannetta was placed on the DL in early May with a wrist injury.
Iannetta is no stranger to the California League. He played in 74 games for the Modesto Nuts in 2005, batting .276 with 11 HR and 58 RBI before a late season call up to AA. This weekend will mark his first return to the California League since 2005.
In addition to potentially seeing a big leaguer, Inland Empire 66ers fans should get their tickets now for this weekend which has two of the season's best promotions. Saturday, June 9th, is Peter Bourjos bobblehead night presented by the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians, and Sunday will be 66ers Affiliation Cap giveaway day at San Manuel Stadium. Tickets are on sale now both at the 66ers box office and online at www.66ers.com . For more information on the Inland Empire 66ers please contact Sam Farber, Director of Broadcasting, at 909-495-7632.
California League Stories from June 7, 2012
- Angels Catcher Joining Inland Empire this Weekend - Inland Empire 66ers
- Presidential Seat Cushion Giveaway Details Announced - Stockton Ports
- San Jose Giants Homestand Preview: Dan Runzler, Breast Cancer Awareness Night and Fireworks - San Jose Giants
- Quakes Reach .500 with Third Straight Win - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Giants Blast JetHawks to Snap Losing Streak - San Jose Giants
- Doran Dealt Loss to Struggling San Jose - Lancaster JetHawks
- Rogers Dominates, Blaze Steal 6 and Beat Visalia 5-1 - Bakersfield Blaze
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.