Lugs/Hot Rods suspended in 11thJune 6, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Lansing Lugnuts
The game will resume on Thursday night at 6:05 p.m., followed by game two of the three-game set. The second game will not start before 7:05 p.m.
Please note that an earlier version of this press release stated that the second game would be shortened to seven innings. This is incorrect; the second game will be nine innings in length.
Tickets from Wednesday's game may be exchanged for any future Lugnuts' home game for equal or lesser value.
Trailing 3-1 entering the 6th inning, the Hot Rods ended Justin Nicolino's 20-inning scoreless streak on Jake Hager's second home run of the season, carving the deficit to one.
Bowling Green seized the lead in the 7th on a Tyler Goeddel RBI triple and Ryan Brett RBI single, only to see Lansing tie the score in the home half on a Carlos Perez run-scoring double.
Lansing threatened to win the game as the rain picked up in the bottom of the 10th against reliever Austin Hubbard, but Andy Burns flied out to right with teammate Kenny Wilson at third base. Immediately thereafter, home plate umpire Fernando Rodriguez called for the tarp.
Lugs starting pitcher Aaron Sanchez worked three innings, allowing one run on three hits and three walks while recording three strikeouts. He was bettered by Hot Rods left-hander Ryan Carpenter, who limited Lansing to three runs (two earned) on six hits in six innings while striking out four.
Thursday is a Labatt Blue Thirsty Thursday with $2 specials for beer and soda and a postgame DJ patio party at Cooley Law School Stadium. Tickets are available for purchase online at www.lansinglugnuts.com, at the stadium box office, and by calling 517-485-4500.
Midwest League Stories from June 6, 2012
- Rattlers win third straight and push division lead to three games - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Lugs/Hot Rods suspended in 11th - Lansing Lugnuts
- Chiefs Record Second Straight Shutout in Wednesday Win - Peoria Chiefs
- Belza, Silver Hawks Capitalize on Loons Follies - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Bees Shut out Snappers, 5-0 - Burlington Bees
- Brooks, Cougars Tip Gaviglio, Bandits, 4-3 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- TinCaps Drop Series Opener at West Michigan - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cougars Edge River Bandits - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons Notch Third Straight Win - Dayton Dragons
- Two Run Double Dooms Captains - Lake County Captains
- Dragons on TV Thursday, Friday, and Saturday - Dayton Dragons
- Lansing Lugnuts Place Walden on Temporary Inactive List - Lansing Lugnuts
- Cougars Lose All-Star to Promotion - Kane County Cougars
- Zach Borenstein joins Kernels from Tempe; Gary Mitchell to DL - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Chardon Shooting Victim Nick Walczak Attending June 15 Captains Game - Lake County Captains
- Snappers Announce Two Golf Outings - Beloit Snappers
- Conversion Story: Former Cougar Sean Doolittle Makes MLB Debut - Kane County Cougars
- MVPs to Celebrate at Fifth Third Field - Dayton Dragons
- Lending a Hand: Kane County Cougars Community Update - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons Gameday for June 6 - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.