Legends Open Seven-Game Homestand MondayMay 28, 2012 - South Atlantic League (SAL) Lexington Legends
Also, students who bring their final report card for the spring semester to the box office will receive a free reserved box seat or general admission ticket for the games of May 28 through 30 (one ticket per card).
The Legends will take on the Augusta GreenJackets, an affiliate of the San Francisco Giants, in a three-game series beginning Monday. The Rome Braves, an affiliate of the Atlanta Braves, will follow for a four-game set beginning Thursday night.
Monday, May 28: Legends vs. Augusta, 7:05 p.m. The Legends will celebrate Memorial Day at Monday night's game. At every Monday night home game, including Memorial Day, kids eat free, presented by Members Heritage Federal Credit Union. Each child age 12 or under will receive a voucher good for a hot dog, chips and a drink.
Tuesday, May 29: Legends vs. Augusta, 7:05 p.m. Tuesday night is 35-cent hot dog night. The price is in recognition of the Ford F-150 being the number one selling vehicle for 35 consecutive years.
Wednesday, May 30: Legends vs. Augusta, 7:05 p.m. Meijer presents Free Hot Dog Night for Kids. Fans may visit a Meijer store and pick up a voucher for a free hot dog. (Other Meijer Free Hot Dog Nights this season are June 13, July 25 and August 8.)
Thursday, May 31: Legends vs. Rome, 7:05 p.m. Every Thursday home game is a Thirsty Thursday at Whitaker Bank Ballpark, presented by Urban Active. Fans can enjoy beer and Pepsi products for one dollar each. Thursday is also Bike Night. Motorcycle riders can participate in an on-field parade lap at 6:30 p.m., and there will be a bike show during the game. Gates will open at 5 p.m. Live music will be provided by "We Play Music." (For more information on Bike Night, contact Pete Weiss at 859-422-7875.)
Friday, June 1: Legends vs. Rome, 7:05 p.m. Friday is Go Red Night, presented by the American Heart Association and St. Joseph Health System to promote heart health. Fans are invited to wear red as a show of support.
Saturday, June 2: Legends vs. Rome, 7:05 p.m. Saturday is high school baseball night as the Legends recognize and honor high school baseball teams for their accomplishments in the 2012 season.
A Ford Fireworks show will follow the game. The Legends will also salute their parent team, the Houston Astros, who are celebrating their 50th anniversary this year.
Sunday, June 3: Every Sunday home game is a JIF Kids Club Sunday. Kids Club members receive special benefits such as t-shirts, discounts at the Legends Clubhouse store and many more (More information is available at lexingtonlegends.com.) Kids run the bases after each Sunday home game.
Sunday is also Stitch 'n' Pitch day, bringing baseball and the NeedleArts together. Fans are invited to knit, crochet, embroider, cross-stitch and needlepoint as they take in the game.
For ticket information, call (859) 422-7859 or visit www.lexingtonlegends.com.
South Atlantic League Stories from May 28, 2012
- Wild Game Goes to Asheville - Charleston RiverDogs
- T's Win Entertaining Opener Versus RiverDogs 15-12 - Asheville Tourists
- Legends Get Past Augusta in 10, 4-3 - Lexington Legends
- Biagini Masterpiece Wasted In Extras Loss - Augusta GreenJackets
- Claws Fall 7-6 in Homestand Finale Sunday Night - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Crawdads Ground Shorebirds with 8-3 Win - Hickory Crawdads
- Crawdads Cruise to 8-3 Win in Opener - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Power Storm Past BlueClaws in Fourth - West Virginia Power
- Kannapolis Twice Comes from Behind to Beat Braves - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Drive Continue Win Streak, Repel Sand Gnats - Greenville Drive
- Shorebirds Game Notes vs. Hickory - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Jakob Dalfonso Released - Rome Braves
- Power Game Notes - West Virginia Power
- Legends Open Seven-Game Homestand Monday - Lexington Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.