Bucks Add TAMU-Kingsville PitcherMay 23, 2012 - Northwoods League (Northwoods) Waterloo Bucks
This last season, Pettiford pitched 51.2 innings in 11 appearances. In those games, Pettiford posted an impressive 5-2 record with a 4.35 ERA. He also had a very solid strikeout to walk ratio, with 41 strikeouts and just 10 walks. This earned Pettiford a spot on the Lone Star Conference Second Team as a starting pitcher.
Before this, Pettiford attended Grossmount College and San Diego Mesa College. At Grossmount, Pettiford put up a 6-3 record with a dominant 1.91 ERA, earning him honorable mention all-Pacific Coast Athletic Conference honors.
At Patrick Henry High School in San Diego, CA, Pettiford earned first team all-league honors after finishing his senior season with a 6-2 record and a 2.30 ERA. He was also his team's MVP and pitcher of the year as a senior.
The Bucks will open the 2012 season at home versus the Rochester Honkers on May 30 at 6:35 pm. The game will be aired live on 1650 The Fan. Season tickets and single-game tickets are currently on sale. Fans are encouraged to stay in touch with the Bucks in the off-season by utilizing their website at www.waterloobucks.com .
Northwoods League Stories from May 23, 2012
- Bucks Add Evansville Star Hockemeyer - Waterloo Bucks
- Bucks Add TAMU-Kingsville Pitcher - Waterloo Bucks
- Third annual pre-season tailgate party scheduled for this Saturday - Eau Claire Express
- Saberhagen to Throw out First Pitch at Rox Inaugural Home Opener - St. Cloud Rox
- Mallards Making Big Impact Around the Country as College Postseason Begins - Madison Mallards
- Kole Calhoun Makes Big League Debut - Northwoods
- Huskies Announce 2012 Promotional Schedule - Duluth Huskies
- Meriter & Physicians Plus Backyard to be Unveiled this Afternoon - Madison Mallards
- Former MoonDog Called up to the Twins - Mankato MoonDogs
- Cats Roster Expands - Thunder Bay Border Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.