Inland Empire Infielder Earns PromotionMay 16, 2012 - California League (CalL) Inland Empire 66ers
Jimmy Swift hit .252 with two home runs, 12 RBI, 14 runs scored and two stolen bases in 34 games for Inland Empire. He had been signed by the Angels in December of 2011 as a minor league free agent and spent the entire season with Inland Empire until the call up. He has played in AA before while a member of the Texas Rangers farm system.
The 66ers continue their road trip against division rival Lake Elsinore. The team will be returning home for a weekend series with the Lancaster JetHawks which includes teacher appreciation night presented by City of Readers on Thursday, May 17th and Military Appreciation Night presented by the California Air Guard which also includes a 66ers camouflage cap giveaway on Saturday, May 19th. Tickets are on sale now both at the 66ers box office and online at www.66ers.com . For more information on the Inland Empire 66ers please contact Sam Farber, Director of Broadcasting, at 909-495-7632.
California League Stories from May 16, 2012
- Doran Picks up Fourth Win in Rubber Game - Lancaster JetHawks
- Inland Empire Infielder Earns Promotion - Inland Empire 66ers
- Quakes Drop Morning Affair, Host First-Place Mavs on Thursday - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- 66ers Launch Father's Day Plan with Free Angels Tickets - Inland Empire 66ers
- Rawhide Blow Past Mavericks 26-11 - Visalia Rawhide
- Giants Bullpen Stellar in 4-3 Victory over Nuts - San Jose Giants
- 66ers Fall in 14 - Inland Empire 66ers
- Quakes Cooled off Tuesday, Play Wednesday Morning - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Pair of Home Runs Give Martinez First Win - Lancaster JetHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.