Limonta Lifts Rainiers Over Round RockMay 13, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Tacoma Rainiers
Limonta broke open a scoreless game with a two-run home run in the bottom of the fifth inning - his second this season - that put Tacoma up 2-0. In the next inning, the designated hitter accounted for half of the Rainiers four runs in the sixth with a two-run single with two outs in the frame.
As a team, the Rainiers combined to collect 11 hits against the Express on Saturday. Catcher Guillermo Quiroz fronted the lineup with three hits, with Carlos Triunfel and Luis Rdoriguez each contributing two-hit efforts.
The Rainiers seemed headed for a second shutout win over their last two games until outfielder Ryan Spillborghs interrupted Tacoma's 6-0 advantage with a solo home run to lead off the top of the ninth inning.
Starter Erasmo Ramirez (1-0) earned his first win in his second start with the Rainiers this season after limiting the Express to three hits and striking out six over 5.0 scoreless innings.
Relievers Sean Henn and Chance Ruffin combined to hold Round Rock scoreless and fanned three from the sixth though the eighth inning. Right-hander Scott Patterson surrendered the home run to Spillborghs in the top of the ninth.
The Rainiers (13-23) look to stretch the club's winning streak to a season-high three games when they take the field on Sunday, May 13, for the second game of their four-game series with Round Rock (17-20). Left-hander Anthony Vasquez (3-2, 5.88) is slated to start for Tacoma against right-hander Neil Ramirez (4-2, 4.98) for the Express. First pitch is scheduled for 1:35 p.m.
Every Rainiers game can be heard live on South Sound Sports 850-AM and is available to be streamed online at www.tacomarainiers.com.
To purchase season tickets, group packages or party decks for the 2012 season, call (253) 752-7707 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Up-to-date news and notes throughout the season can be found at www.tacomarainiers.com and by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand) or liking the team on Facebook.
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 13, 2012
- Cubs Hang on to Beat River Cats - Iowa Cubs
- Cats Fall to I-Cubs, 4-3 - Sacramento River Cats
- Grizzlies Bounce Back to Beat Chasers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Jimenez, Rainiers Roll Past Round Rock - Tacoma Rainiers
- Round Rock Express Beat up by Tacoma 9-1 - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Tip Tucson 5 Sunday - Tucson Padres
- Corporan Delivers 6-5 Win Over Padres - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Win One for Mom: Zephyrs Roll Past 51s, 7-3 - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Sky Sox Blank 'Birds - Memphis Redbirds
- RedHawks Game Notes: May 13, 2012 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Sunday's Game Postponed; Doubleheader Monday - Reno Aces
- Infielder Amaya Joins I-Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds to Host Fantasy Baseball Camp for Hearing Impaired Children - Nashville Sounds
- Sounds, Aces Postponed on Sunday Afternoon - Nashville Sounds
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Tacoma Rainiers (Seattle - Round Rock Express
- Cubs' Walks Key River Cats Walk-Off Win - Iowa Cubs
- Limonta Lifts Rainiers Over Round Rock - Tacoma Rainiers
- Teaford, Chasers Crush Fresno - Omaha Storm Chasers
- River Cats Treat Sellout Crowd to 4-3 Walk-Off Win - Sacramento River Cats
- Round Rock Express Shut Down 6-1 at Tacoma - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.