Erie SeaWolves at Reading Phillies - Game NotesMay 4, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Erie SeaWolves
----- LHP RAMON GARCIA (0-1, 10.50 ERA) vs. RHP DREW NAYLOR (0-0, 0.00 ERA) FRIDAY, MAY 4 * 7:05 PM * RADIO COVERAGE: FOX SPORTS RADIO 1330 AM, WWW.SEAWOLVES.COM FIRST ENERGY STADIUM * GAME #25 * ROAD GAME #12 * NIGHT GAME #18
----- Tonight, the SeaWolves hit the road, beginning a six-game road trip and three-game series at First Energy Stadium against the Reading Phillies (Philadelphia Phillies). The SeaWolves closed their homestand on a positive note on Thursday afternoon as starter James Avery tossed a complete game shutout in a 1-0 win over Altoona. The win puts the SeaWolves at three-games under .500 heading into the road trip...Tonight, lefty Ramon Garcia gets the start in the series opener at Reading. Garcia has split time between Erie and Toledo in 2012. With the 'Wolves, Garcia has made two appearances, one start, posting an 0-1 record and 10.50 ERA. With the Mud Hens, Garcia appeared in four games, starting three, going 1-1 with a 5.06 ERA. Garcia took a no-decision in his last start on April 27 while pitching with Toledo against Gwinnett. In the game, he allowed two runs on four hits with a walk and four strikeouts in five innings of work. The Mud Hens lost the game 3-2...Righty Drew Naylor takes the mound for Reading making his first appearance since 2010. Naylor missed all of 2011 recovering from "Tommy John" surgery. He made two starts against the SeaWolves in 2010 going 1-1 with a 9.35 ERA...The SeaWolves will play three games in Reading and three games in Akron beginning Monday night.
----- ALL BETS ARE OFF - The hit SportsTime Ohio sports talk show All Bets are Off starring Cleveland sports talk celebrity Bruce Drennan will broadcast live at Jerry Uht Park on Monday, May 14 prior to the SeaWolves game against the Akron Aeros (Cleveland Indians).
----- - Erie won the 2011 season series over Reading 8-6. The SeaWolves and Phillies meet 11 times in 2012. - Erie is 6-5 on the road. - The SeaWolves have committed 16 errors and have a .983 team fielding percentage. - Jordan Lennerton is tied for the EL lead with six home runs. Lennerton has not homered since 4/19 at BOW. - Rob Brantly leads the league with a .627 slugging percentage, is second in the league lead with 10 doubles and is tied for third with 13 extra-base hits. - Erie pitchers have walked 120 hitters, the most in the EL. - Erie is 11th in the league with a 4.71 team ERA. Reading has the second-best ERA in the league as a team at 2.91. - Erie is fourth in the league with a .262 team batting average. Reading is the top hitting team in the league with a .286 team average. - Niuman Romero is second in the EL with 35 hits. Romero is also the toughest hitter to strike out in the league, striking out just one every 12.44 plate appearances.
----- SATURDAY at READING - 6:05 FIRST PITCH RHP Zack Segovia (2-2, 4.55 ERA) vs. RHP Trevor May (5-0, 2.40 ERA)
SUNDAY at READING - 1:35 FIRST PITCH LHP Jared Wesson (2-2, 7.23 ERA) vs. RHP David Buchanan (1-2, 2.48 ERA)
MONDAY at AKRON - 7:05 FIRST PITCH LHP Kelvin De La Cruz (1-3, 5.32 ERA) vs. TBA
TUESDAY at AKRON - 7:05 FIRST PITCH RHP James Avery (4-1, 1.72 ERA) vs. TBA
Eastern League Stories from May 4, 2012
- Two Runs in 10th Give Fisher Cats Win in Trenton - Trenton Thunder
- B-Mets Can't Overcome Rocky Second, 7-4 - Binghamton Mets
- Tolisano Delivers in 10th as Fisher Cats Beat Trenton - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Sea Dogs End Skid with 4-3 Win Over New Britain - Portland Sea Dogs
- Aeros Falter Late in 7-5 Loss at Bowie - Akron Aeros
- 'Wolves Drop Slugfest at Reading - Erie SeaWolves
- Squirrels Lose Large Lead, Drop Opener, 8-7 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Cats Fall Short, 4-3 In Series Opener With Sea Dogs - New Britain Rock Cats
- Eight-Run Rally Gives Curve Comeback Win - Altoona Curve
- R-Phils Announce Sold out Crowd for Friday Night - Reading Fightin Phils
- INF Corban Joseph Re-Joins Thunder - Trenton Thunder
- Erie SeaWolves at Reading Phillies - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes vs. Altoona - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- C Allan De San Miguel Heads to Norfolk - Bowie Baysox
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.