D.C. United Soccerfest - Driven by Volkswagen Set for Saturday and Sunday, June 30 & July 1May 3, 2012 - Major League Soccer (MLS) D.C. United
Now in its second year under the banner of MLS's most decorated professional club, D.C. United SoccerFest - Driven by Volkswagen is a 4-on-4 soccer tournament open to all ages and skill levels, with divisions based on age, gender, and ability. Teams can consist of up to six players with four players on the field at a time. The tournament's small-sided layout was created to offer young soccer players the opportunity to experience increased touches on the ball in a fun, festival style tournament format. Entering its 19th year, divisions have since expanded to include boys and girls ages five through 16, as well as adults.
The tournament franchise continues to attract competition from the entire D.C. metropolitan area and beyond, with over 300 teams competing in various levels of play ranging from recreational through elite.
"Initially created as a satellite event in conjunction with World Cup USA 1994, in which four games were played right here in Washington, this tournament has grown into one of the most popular and highly anticipated participant sports events of the year," said Tournament Director Steve Winter. "We look forward to heralding returning teams and new teams alike to another exciting event."
As an added benefit, each tournament participant will receive one ticket to D.C. United's home match against the Montreal Impact on Saturday, June 30 at RFK Stadium. For more information or to register for D.C. United SoccerFest - Driven by Volkswagen, please visit www.dcunitedsoccerfest.com or call 703-534-4600 x202.
Major League Soccer Stories from May 3, 2012
- Timbers Weekly Update - Portland Timbers
- Chivas USA Foundation to Kick off 2012 Hearth Soccer Camp Series this Weekend - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- FC Dallas Midfielder Bobby Warshaw Injures Foot in Reserve Match - FC Dallas
- D.C. United Soccerfest - Driven by Volkswagen Set for Saturday and Sunday, June 30 & July 1 - D.C. United
- Crew News & Notes: Black & Gold Travels to Portland for Match this Saturday - Columbus Crew
- Earthquakes and Wells Fargo Kick off 4v4 Tournaments on May 12 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Seattle Sounders FC Top LA Galaxy 2-0 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Wondolowski, Lenhart Braces Help Earthquakes Rumble Past D.C. - San Jose Earthquakes
- Whitecaps FC Take Amway Canadian Championship Opener - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.