United Drives to Collect Games and Toys During MayMay 2, 2012 - Major League Soccer (MLS) D.C. United
The Children's Center was started in 1991 with a few children. It has grown to nearly 75 children between the ages of 6 and 14. Located in Anacostia, the center offers homework assistance, arts and crafts, reading, computer learning, organized team sports, recreation and a snack and evening meal. When school is not in session, the center offers summer programs including swimming, camping, and weekly field trips as well as 3 meals.
Games and toys may include board games, video games, activity books, Fisher Price sets, jewelry/craft kits, sports equipment and anything that can keep children entertained during their extracurricular time.
Donations are also accepted in the D.C. United offices on non-game days, located on the fourth floor of Gate A. This season marks the ninth year of the United Drives campaign, which collects much-needed items to help with each beneficiary's mission.
For more information on United Drives or any of the D.C. United's community initiatives, please call (202) 587-5000.
Major League Soccer Stories from May 2, 2012
- The Impact Ties Toronto FC 0-0 - Montreal Impact
- Timbers Announce Strategic Partnerships with Portland Rain, Girls ODP Program - Portland Timbers
- JELD-WEN Field, AECOM Receive Merit Award for Excellence in Architecture - Portland Timbers
- Sporting Kansas City Weekly Update - Sporting Kansas City
- Game Notes: Chivas USA vs. Chicago Fire - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Chicago Fire Player Development Update - Chicago Fire
- Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Voted MLS Player of the Month - San Jose Earthquakes
- San Jose Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Voted MLS Player of the Month - MLS
- United Drives to Collect Games and Toys During May - D.C. United
- FC Dallas Reserves Draw Sporting Kc Reserves 2-2 - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.