Torra, Feliciano Heroes in Bulls' Skid Snapping VictoryApril 30, 2012 - International League (IL) Durham Bulls
Torra (2-2, 5.04) was brilliant in his seven innings of no-hit ball and looked like he had the stuff to turn in another, improbable hitless game at the DBAP. Indianapolis shortstop Jordy Mercer put an end to Torra's run though, legging out an infield single to lead off the visiting half of the 8th. The Bulls' righty recovered quickly, retiring the next three batters in order to close out his longest outing since August of 2010.
Jeff Locke was just as effective for the Indians, and the Bulls struggling offense failed to support Torra until the very last opportunity. Indy's starter yielded only three hits and exited the game deadlocked with Torra. After Shawn O'Malley walked to lead off the bottom of the 8th, he advanced to second on a wild pitch from the new Indians pitcher, Daniel Moskos. Jesus Feliciano stepped up to the plate and smashed a double to the right field corner allowing the Bulls to take a 1-0 lead. That was all the team would need as Cesar Ramos would shut things down for the Bulls in the ninth inning, earning his first save of the year.
The Bulls looks to build on the win tomorrow, as they begin a four game set with the Louisville Bats, top affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds. RHP Lance Pendleton will take the hill for the Bulls, while the Bats will send out long time Big Leaguer RHP Brett Tomko. At every Tuesday home game fans can purchase 2 Terrace Reserved tickets for $9, thanks to Whole Foods market. Game time is set for 7:05pm.
International League Stories from April 30, 2012
- PawSox Salvage Finale in Columbus - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Knights Drop Finale to Chiefs 12-4 on Monday - Charlotte Knights
- Chiefs Score Season High to Beat Knights - Syracuse Chiefs
- Mud Hens Rained out on Monday; Home Game Tomorrow at 6:30 P.M. - Toledo Mud Hens
- Monday Night's Game Rained Out in Toledo - Gwinnett Braves
- Bisons/Red Wings Postponed (Rain) on Monday - Buffalo Bisons
- Tides Take Advantage of Louisville's Wildness - Norfolk Tides
- Justin Wilson Named IL Pitcher of the Week - Indianapolis Indians
- Torra, Feliciano Heroes in Bulls' Skid Snapping Victory - Durham Bulls
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - Monday, April 30 at Buffalo - Rochester Red Wings
- One-Day After No-Hitter, Bulls Two-Hit Tribe - Indianapolis Indians
- Promotion-Heavy Homestand Continues Tuesday - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bisons Notes - Rochester at Buffalo - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Activate INF Zach Lutz - Buffalo Bisons
- May Is Baseball Month in Rochester - Rochester Red Wings
- International League Names Players of the Week - IL
- Stadium Groundbreaking to Take Place Today - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.