Bisons Notes - Rochester at Buffalo
Buffalo Bisons (14-10, 2nd(-1.0), North) vs. Rochester Red Wings (9-14, 5th(-5.5), North)
Monday, April 30, 2012 (6:05 p.m.) - Coca-Cola Field
LHP Garrett Olson (0-1, 2.82) vs. RHP Daryl Thompson (1-2, 4.26)
TV: Time Warner Cable SportsNet
Radio: WWKB AM 1520, bisons.com
TODAY'S GAME: Tonight, the Buffalo Bisons host the Rochester Red Wings in the finale of a four-game series at Coca-Cola Field (6:05 p.m.). The Herd is looking for the sweep after outscoring the Wings 19-8 in the first three games. Buffalo has won four straight and nine of 12 since April 17.
vs. RED WINGS: The Bisons are 5-2 this season against the Red Wings. Buffalo won the first two games of the rivalry, April 7-8, before Rochester won a pair, April 9-10. Now, the Herd has three straight wins and can earn their first four-game sweep of Rochester since taking four at Frontier Field, April 26-29, 2004. The Herd has won nine straight over the Wings at Coca-Cola Field.
OLE: At 0-1, LHP GARRETT OLSON is still in search of his first win of the season despite having the 13th lowest ERA in the International League at 2.82. The southpaw is coming off back-to-back quality starts. His most recent came last Tuesday in Lehigh Valley as he allowed three runs in six innings of an IroPigs' 4-3 win in 11 innings. Olson has limited left-handed hitters to a .176 (3-17) average with no extra-base hits.
STREAKIN': All five Bisons players that had a personal season-high hit streaks extended them yesterday. INF VALENTINO PASCUCCI leads them all with a 13-game stretch over which he has hit .322 (19-58). The others are OF VINNY ROTTINO (11G, 15-44, .341), INF BOBBY SCALES (7G, 12-26, .462), INF JOSH SATIN (6G, 11-29, .379) and INF OMAR QUINTANILLA (6G, 7-23, .304).
LEADER BOARDS: The Bisons now lead the International League with 30 home runs. The club is also 2nd in team average (.281) and team ERA (.3.04). INF BOBBY SCALES leads the IL in average by 24 points (.413) and on-base percentage by 60 points (.522). INF VALENTINO PASCUCCI ranks sixth in the league with 18RBI.
BISONS BITS: Each of the Bisons last four wins have helped them gain a game in the standings, from five games back to only one....OF ANDRES TORRES' MLB injury rehabilitation assignment with the Bisons ended after two games. Torres had a hit, two walks and a steal in seven at-bats...INF ZACH LUTZ was optioned by the Mets today and OF RAUL REYES was transferred to Binghamton (AA).
METS UPDATE : The Mets (13-9) closed out a series win in Colorado with a 6-5 win over the Rockies in 11 innings yesterday. Former Bisons INF RUBEN TEJADA had three hits on Sunday and 10 in the three-game series. He's now hitting .310 on the season. The Mets are in Houston with an 8:05 p.m. first pitch tonight against the Astros.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from April 30, 2012
- PawSox Salvage Finale in Columbus - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Knights Drop Finale to Chiefs 12-4 on Monday - Charlotte Knights
- Chiefs Score Season High to Beat Knights - Syracuse Chiefs
- Mud Hens Rained out on Monday; Home Game Tomorrow at 6:30 P.M. - Toledo Mud Hens
- Monday Night's Game Rained Out in Toledo - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bisons/Red Wings Postponed (Rain) on Monday - Buffalo Bisons
- Tides Take Advantage of Louisville's Wildness - Norfolk Tides
- Justin Wilson Named IL Pitcher of the Week - Indianapolis Indians
- Torra, Feliciano Heroes in Bulls' Skid Snapping Victory - Durham Bulls
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - Monday, April 30 at Buffalo - Rochester Red Wings
- One-Day After No-Hitter, Bulls Two-Hit Tribe - Indianapolis Indians
- Promotion-Heavy Homestand Continues Tuesday - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bisons Notes - Rochester at Buffalo - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Activate INF Zach Lutz - Buffalo Bisons
- May Is Baseball Month in Rochester - Rochester Red Wings
- International League Names Players of the Week - IL
- Stadium Groundbreaking to Take Place Today - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.