'Topes Win Fifth Straight with 6-1 Victory Over RedHawksApril 22, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Albuquerque Isotopes
Albuquerque jumped on the `Hawks quickly, scoring a run in the top of the first when Castellanos lined a solo homer over the wall in left to put the `Topes on top 1-0.
The RedHawks answered with a run in the bottom of the first on a sacrifice fly by Fernando Martinez to temporarily tie the game at 1-1, but the Isotopes seized the advantage right back with a four-spot in the third. Once again, it was Castellanos who ignited the rally, blasting a towering one-out solo homer to left, his second in as many at-bats, to give the visitors a 2-1 lead. After Jerry Sands drew a walk, Oklahoma-native Josh Fields roped a double to right, plating Sands all the way from first to extend the edge to 3-1. With two outs and runners on the corners, Tim Federowicz hammered a double off the wall in center, plating both runners and increasing the lead to 5-1, Albuquerque.
For good measure, the `Topes tacked on one more run in the fourth on an RBI single by Fields that made the score 6-1, but it wasn't necessary thanks to the exploits of Antonini (1-0), who earned his first win of the 2012 season. The left-hander tossed 5.2 innings, allowing one run on four hits while walking one and striking out a season-high seven. After the first inning, Antonini did not allow a RedHawks runner to reach second base and ended his night firing 97 pitches, 61 of them for strikes.
As great as the starter was, he was picked up by more excellent work from the Isotopes' bullpen, as Brent Leach authored a scoreless 1.1 innings before turning the ball over to Cole St. Clair and Ramon Troncoso, who each delivered a scoreless inning apiece to seal the 6-1 victory.
The `Topes will look for their sixth straight win in a Sunday matinee beginning at 1:05 PM MT at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark. Right-hander Stephen Fife (1-2, 10.03) will take the mound for Albuquerque against `Hawks right-hander Ross Seaton (No Record).
After a series in Oklahoma City and another in New Orleans, the Isotopes are back home on Monday, April 30 for a loaded homestand that kicks off with the first of three 50-Cent Hot Dog Nights and includes back-to-back weekend fireworks. Tickets for any Isotopes game may be purchased at the Isotopes Park Box Office, at Ticketmaster outlets, by phone at 1-800-745-3000, or on-line at www.abqisotopes.com or www.ticketmaster.com.
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 22, 2012
- Bees Whip Pads, 16-1 - Tucson Padres
- Isotopes Take Sunday Marathon, 11-10 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Isotopes Outlast 'Hawks 11-10 in 14 Innings for Sixth Straight Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Fall To Fresno, 10-3 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Carter's Three-Homer Day Lifts Cats to 12-4 Win over Reno - Sacramento River Cats
- River Cats Top Aces, 12-4 - Reno Aces
- Round Rock's Hitting Overpowers Zephyrs 10-0 - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Storm Chasers Squeeze Past the Sounds on Sunday - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Powers Past New Orleans 10-0 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds' Losing Skid Hits Seven with 2-1 Loss in Omaha - Nashville Sounds
- Stellar Rusin Lifts Iowa to Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Cubs Recall Pitcher Randy Wells from Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Tucson win over Salt Lake - Tucson Padres
- Rainiers' Series Opener Foiled By Fresno - Tacoma Rainiers
- 'Walk to London' Arrives in Tacoma - Tacoma Rainiers
- Storm Chasers Defeat the Sounds, 6-5, in 13 Innings - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bullpen Struggles in Loss to Memphis - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Lose Extra-Inning Contest in Omaha, 6-5 - Nashville Sounds
- Parker, Bullpen Combine for Two-Hitter; River Cats Beat Aces, 6-0 - Sacramento River Cats
- Aces Blanked by River Cats, 6-0 - Reno Aces
- 'Topes Win Fifth Straight with 6-1 Victory Over RedHawks - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Isotopes Take Series Opener, 6-1 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.