Gorski Rocks & Offense Rolls in 6-0 WinApril 19, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Binghamton Mets
Gorski, in his third B-Mets start, started off with a perfect first inning. The southpaw navigated through his only threat in the second. With two outs, Gorski hit Reynaldo Rodriguez and gave up a single to Ronald Bermudez. He escaped the jam by inducing Dan Butler to ground out to second.
It was the only time Portland had a runner reach second against Gorski. The Pennsylvania native fired four perfect innings and capped his night by retiring Oscar Tejeda to end the sixth. It was the second time this season Gorski has given up one hit and tossed six scoreless innings.
After scraping together two hits on Wednesday night in New Hampshire, the B-Mets offense was alive and well in Binghamton on Thursday. The club tagged starting pitcher Billy Buckner for six hits over five innings. Eric Campbell started the attack with a two-out run-scoring single in the third.
Travis Ozga led off the fourth by launching the first pitch he saw over the right field fence, giving Binghamton a 2-0 lead. The drive was Ozga's second long ball of the season, putting him in the team lead. Campbell added another RBI with a sacrifice fly in the fifth.
Michael Lee took over in the sixth and allowed the first five batters to reach. Josh Rodriguez laced an RBI single up the middle and Pedro Zapata drove home a pair with a bouncer to centerfield. By the time Lee recorded his first out, the B-Mets held a six run lead.
It was more than enough support to make a winner of Gorski for the second time this season. Elvin Ramirez worked around a walk and an error to post a scoreless seventh and side-stepped a two-out double in a blank eighth. The righty made it three consecutive appearances with four strikeouts by fanning Tejeda to end his night. Armando Rodriguez shut the door with a scoreless ninth. Buckner suffered his second loss.
The B-Mets (6-7) continue their four-game series against the Sea Dogs tomorrow night at 7:05 PM. RHP Greg Peavey, the reigning Eastern League Pitcher of the Year, takes on RHP Chris Balcom-Miller. The Horizons Federal Credit Union pre-game show begins at 6:50 PM on Newsradio 1290 WNBF.
Eastern League Stories from April 19, 2012
- Baysox Drop 'Wolves in Series Opener - Erie SeaWolves
- Big First Inning Leads Senators Past Thunder - Trenton Thunder
- Clark Leads Sox Past SeaWolves - Bowie Baysox
- Fisher Cats Win Wild Affair in New Britain 6-5 - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Gorski Rocks & Offense Rolls in 6-0 Win - Binghamton Mets
- Senators Ride Big First Inning to 6-2 Win over Trenton - Harrisburg Senators
- Rock Cats Battle Back, Lose In 9th - New Britain Rock Cats
- B-Mets Sting Sea Dogs in 6-0 Shutout - Portland Sea Dogs
- Cumpton Victorious Second Time Around as Curve Win, 4-3 - Altoona Curve
- Squirrels Miss Chances, Fall Short in Opener, 4-3 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Thunder Add of Medchill; Place Brewer on DL - Trenton Thunder
- Erie SeaWolves at Bowie Baysox - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Dunkin' Donuts Launches "Dunkin' Dugout" Program with Sea Dogs - Portland Sea Dogs
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes Vs. Altoona - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Aeros Announce Roster Moves; Huff Joins Club on Rehab Assignment - Akron Aeros
- Wynn Pelzer Released, Greg Burke Joins Bowie - Bowie Baysox
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.