66ers Pitchers Taxed on April 15thApril 15, 2012 - California League (CalL) Inland Empire 66ers
The only runs for the 66ers came from a called balk against Elias in the 2nd, and a two run 9th inning rally off of Mavericks reliever Taylor Stanton in which the 66ers were able to load the bases, but could not complete a comeback.
The Mavericks did the bulk of their damage in the 5th inning where 13 batters would come up to the plate and the Mavericks scored a 66ers opposition high six runs on five hits in the frame.
On the positive side of the 66ers pitching, Bobby Cassevah made his fourth appearance in his rehab assignment to settle down the 66ers bullpen. He pitched one inning giving up two singles and got out of a small jam inducing an inning ending double play.
Inland Empire will continue their home stand Monday night with a three game set against the Modesto Nuts. The game can be heard on the home of 66ers baseball KCAA 1050 AM beginning with the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians Pre-Game show at 6:55. It will be Man's Best Friend Night as dog owners are encouraged to come out for games every Monday night. For information on 66ers tickets or to schedule your next fun filled group outing, contact the 66ers front office at (909)888-9922.
California League Stories from April 15, 2012
- Quakes Split a Twin-Bill on Sunday - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Rawhide Split Double-Header, Series with Quakes - Visalia Rawhide
- Nash Knocks Sixth Home Run in Loss - Lancaster JetHawks
- 66ers Pitchers Taxed on April 15th - Inland Empire 66ers
- Quakes Earn First Road Win with 6-3 Victory - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Missed Opportunities End up Costing Rawhide - Visalia Rawhide
- Giants Power Past Blaze to Win Fourth Straight - San Jose Giants
- 66ers Secure First Home Win of 2012 - Inland Empire 66ers
- Three Home Runs Plenty for Doran - Lancaster JetHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.