Aces Invade Colorado with 4-1 WinMarch 14, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Alaska Aces
The Aces got the only goal of an opening period in which they outshot the Eagles 11-4. Dan Kissel opened the scoring with his co-team leading 33rd goal of the season. Kissel blasted a one-timer home from the right face-off circle on an Aces power play at 12:14 to make it 1-0 Alaska.
The Aces added to their lead early in the second period. Zach Harrison scored 55 seconds into the period off of a Ryan Cruthers pass from behind the net to make it 2-0 Aces. The Eagles got on the board at 13:58 when Kevin Ulanski tallied to get Colorado within one. However, Alaska went back up by a pair in the final seconds of the period. Chad Anderson scored on a wrist shot from the high slot at 19:55 to give Alaska a 3-1 advantage heading into the third period. The Aces outshot the Eagles 7-6 in the period.
Brian Swanson capped the scoring with the only goal of the final period at 17:44, as the Aces improved to 6-0 this year against Colorado.
James Reid (3-1-1) earned the win, making 16 saves on 17 shots. Andrew Penner (5-7-2) took the loss, stopping 21 of 25 shots. The Aces power play went 1-5, while the Eagles went 0-1. The Aces outshot the Eagles 25-17 in the game. The 42 shots tied a season low for the Aces and their opponents combined, and tied an Eagles franchise record for fewest shots in a game.
The Aces continue their season ending, nine-game road trip in Colorado on Friday and Saturday at 5:05pm AKT. They will return back home for the postseason in April. For more information, please call the Aces at 907.258.ACES or visit them online at www.facebook.com/alaskaaceshockey.
ECHL Stories from March 14, 2012
- Grizzlies Beat Bakersfield 3-2; Win 4th-Straight - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Rally Past Thunder, 3-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Aces Invade Colorado with 4-1 Win - Alaska Aces
- Aces Continue Defensive Dominance Over Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Express Power Past Nailers for 3-1 Win - Chicago Express
- Royals Flounder Against Florida, 8-3 - Reading Royals
- Child Nets First Professional Goal - Wheeling Nailers
- K-Wings Continue Offensive Woes - Kalamazoo Wings
- Brandt Leads the Gladiators to 7th Straight Win - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Toledo Beats Kalamazoo 3-1 - Toledo Walleye
- Cyclones Fall in Gwinnett, 3-1 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Idaho Steelheads - Stockton Thunder
- Syvret Returns from Portland - Trenton Titans
- ECHL Transactions - March 14 - ECHL
- Condors Vs. Utah Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Defenseman Zach McKelvie Assigned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Jackals Playoff Ticket Information Released - Elmira Jackals
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Preview: Express Vs. Wheeling Tonight - Chicago Express
- Eagles Sign Amateur Defenseman Isaac Smeltzer - Colorado Eagles
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Gwinnett - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Eagles Playoff Tickets to Go on Sale Friday, March 23 - Colorado Eagles
- Penguins Assign Samuelsson to Wheeling - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Add Game Plan Holder to the Roster - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Today - March 14 - ECHL
- Reign Lose First in Steelhead Series, 3-2 - Ontario Reign
- Steelheads Hold on for 3-2 Win in Ontario - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.