Mancari Shoots Wolves Past IceHogs 6-2February 11, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Rockford IceHogs Press Release
After the Hogs tied it up at 2-2 early in the middle frame, the Wolves quickly grabbed a two goal lead, netting two markers just 10 seconds apart. Nathan Longpre, who was stationed right in front of the IceHogs net, received a pass from Davis and beat Carter Hutton at 5:49 to make it 3-2. Then at 5:59, Antoine Roussel and Chris Tanev set up Stefan Schneider for his fourth goal of the season, pushing the Wolves' lead to 4-2.
At 8:23 of the second period, Mark Mancari notched his second tally of the night to give Chicago a 5-2 lead. Steve Reinprecht earned his second helper of the game on the play, and Alexander Salak replaced Hutton in goal for Rockford.
Late in the third period, Rockford tried convert on a Chicago penalty, pulling Salak in favor of a 6-on-4 advantage, but Antoine Roussel sealed the game for the Wolves with a short-handed, empty net goal at the 16:51 mark of the final frame.
In the opening frame, Rockford used their first man advantage opportunity to take a 1-0 lead. Ben Youds fired a shot goal from the blue line that Matt Climie blocked down, but Rostislav Olesz picked up the puck on Climie's right hand side and slipped it past the Wolves' netminder at 6:05 of the first period.
Michael Davies then evened the score at the 14:32 mark, flipping the puck over Hutton's shoulder and in to make it 1-1. Tim Miller and Adam Polasek earned assists on the play.
Less than two minutes later, Chicago gained their first lead of the night. Reinprecht battled for the puck behind the IceHogs net and found Mancari open, and the winger rifled the puck into the top-left corner to give the Wolves a 2-1 lead.
The IceHogs tied the game just 1:02 into the second period. Shawn Lalonde fired a shot from the blue line that bounced past Climie, and Jimmy Hayes cleaned up the rebound for his seventh tally of the season, making it a 2-2 game. Hayes is on a five-game point streak dating back to Dec. 26, totaling 3g-3a-6pts.
Rockford went 1-for-5 on the man advantage and killed off all five of Chicago's power play opportunities.
Hutton was tagged with the loss, making 15 saves, while Climie earned the win after turning away 39 IceHogs shots. Salak stopped all 15 shots he faced.
American Hockey League Stories from February 11, 2012
- Mancari Shoots Wolves Past IceHogs 6-2 - Rockford IceHogs
- Rivermen Keep Charlotte in Check - Peoria Rivermen
- Sound Tigers Rout Falcons 8-1 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Late Goal Stuns Griffins in 5-4 Loss to Houston - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Mancari Earns 400th Career Point in Wolves' 6-2 Win - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Drop 4-1 Decision to Albany - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Come up Short in 4-1 Loss to Rampage - Rochester Americans
- Checkers Routed in Peoria - Charlotte Checkers
- Aeros win 5-4 - Houston Aeros
- 500 Is Sweet in Hershey Shootout Slugfest - Worcester Sharks
- Early Power Plays Make the Difference - Adirondack Phantoms
- Pielmeier, Special Teams Lift Devils to Victory - Albany Devils
- Repik Strikes Twice in 4-1 Rampage Win Over Amerks - San Antonio Rampage
- Sharks Slide Past Bears in Shootout - Hershey Bears
- Whale defeat Manchester - Connecticut Whale
- Admirals Score Early and Often in Sweep of Phantoms - Norfolk Admirals
- Penguins Stun Pirates in Overtime - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Florida Panthers Recall Colby Robak - San Antonio Rampage
- Amerks Donate Equipment to Rochester's Citywide Floor Hockey League - Rochester Americans
- Bruins Assign Kampfer to Providence - Providence Bruins
- Bulldogs Battle Marlies to a 5-1 Loss - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Tonight's Rematch Against Chicago Sold Out - Rockford IceHogs
- AHL Hall of Famer Joe Crozier to Attend Seneca Casinos Legends Night - Rochester Americans
- Sabres Recall Zack Kassian from Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Marlies Sign Martens - Toronto Marlies
- Episode 30 Features Eric Ballard and Craig Bommer - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Ian Cole Recalled by St. Louis - Peoria Rivermen
- Ducks Return Guenin to Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Heat Vs Barons Game Preview - Abbotsford Heat
- Jets Re-Assign Gagnon to IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- IceCaps Release Lunden from PTO - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.