Walleye Sneak Past Cyclones, 2-1February 8, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Cincinnati Cyclones
After a scoreless tie in the opening period, Toledo pulled ahead 1-0 at 8:39 of the middle frame as Todd Griffith caught a pass coming out of the penalty box and sent a wrist shot past Cyclones goalie Brad Fogal (L, 20 saves, 4-3-0-2). And despite sending 17 shots on net in the second period, Cincinnati trailed by a 1-0 count after 40 minutes.
Dan Eves extended his goal-scoring streak to four games as he potted the equalizer just 2:08 into the third period. However, Toledo's Harrison Reed answered with a go-ahead goal at 8:47 to give the Walleye a 2-1 edge. Thanks to a 40 save night from Toledo net minder Alec Richards (W, 40 saves, 1-0-0-0), the Walleye were able to snuff out Cincinnati's comeback hopes and sealed a one-goal victory.
The Cyclones Radio Network Three Stars of the Game are as follows:
First Star: Alec Richards (40 saves, Winning Goaltender)
Second Star: Harrison Reed (1 goal for Toledo)
Third Star: Dan Eves (1 goal for Cincinnati)
The Cyclones will wrap up their home stand at U.S. Bank Arena on Friday night with Pink in the Rink Night against the Trenton Titans at 7:30pm. The first 2,000 fans through the gates will receive a Cyclones Ribbon Magnet! Plus, the first 1,000 female fans will receive a pink carnation courtesy of Hiatt's Florist. Secure your seats now by calling 513.421.PUCK or log on to CyclonesHockey.com. Fans can also get the latest team updates throughout the season on Facebook and Twitter (@CincyCyclones).
ECHL Stories from February 8, 2012
- Balanced Steelheads Down Aces, 3-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Aces Edged by Steelheads 3-2 - Alaska Aces
- Bakersfield Strikes Early to Beat Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Keetley and the Condors Whitewash Utah, 4-0 - Bakersfield Condors
- Walleye Sneak Past Cyclones, 2-1 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Walleye Win in Cincinnati 2-1 - Toledo Walleye
- AHL Affiliate Sends Forward to Idaho - Idaho Steelheads
- Gladiators Add Defenseman Tyler Kindle - Gwinnett Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - February 8 - ECHL
- Ben Ryan Reassigned to Cyclones - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Unveil 2012 Pink in the Rink Jerseys - South Carolina Stingrays
- Harrison Reed Returns to Toledo - Toledo Walleye
- Pretty In Pink - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati Vs. Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Royals and Greater Berks Food Bank Reading to Give--And Get - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Claim Shelast off Waivers - South Carolina Stingrays
- Road Warriors Want Your Nominations for Hometown Heroes - Greenville Road Warriors
- ECHL Today - February 8 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.